Jakub Kiwior (15)

9 Likes

Certainly looks very comfortable with the ball, can find a pass and can carry the ball into midfield and beyond. All this from that one video alone but I am sure Mikel and Edu have seen a lot more of him to want him.

I hope the plan is to play him as a CDM who can also play CB if needed, rather than the other way round cause we might need a competent replacement for Partey before this season is done, and Sambi ain’t it.

Denzel and Jamie, heck that deserves a like.

2 Likes

We shouldn’t expect him to play any position other than CB.

But we convert CBs to RBs all the time, so why not to CDM?

Partey is a beast who can allow both his partners to go far up the pitch. It would be hard for seasoned midfielder to replicate that, let alone someone who plays midfield part time.

Ben White has much more experience playing DM and has greater technical quality than Kiwior, yet we have never seen Benjamin play DM.

That said, he may step in for the Zinchenko role. You never know.

My point was, he just has to be better than Sambi for him to have improved our CDM options.

He seems to be comfortable in two positions and maybe that’s why we went for him? Only time will tell how Mikel plans to use him but I am encouraged by the fact that he’s more than just a big brute of a defender.

In the first half of the season, We have been using our first-choice defenders to pair with Holding.
As Europa league & FA cup roll in, we can’t afford to play Saliba, White & Gabriel in such matches. It makes sense to me that we added a center back to the team.

1 Like

Dortmund approved. Also means it is upwards of 22m euros

2 Likes

Well done Arsenal.

Sounds like a very smart lovely signing

2 Likes

Sick name. Sounds like a villain in a Disney movie. Holding is finished. Everton you can have him for 20m.

3 Likes
5 Likes

thought that was mudryk tbh

2 Likes

Seems a good prospect with reasonable fee plus ITK’s were mugged off

Win, win

13 Likes

Never heard of him until 10 minutes ago when I saw this thread!
Watched a YouTube of him and he seems to be playing DM in most of the clips.

We signed the Polish Maldini, how about that?

6 Likes

Haven’t seen one second of him in action and can tell you that he is five times the man that Holding is and eight times the defender.

2 Likes

It feels like this deal is basically Tomiyasu v2, but because we’re not shit now they’re not going to be laughing at us about it and it’s just great business now :ozil:

8 Likes

It also just shows that we probably want to do business silently but that the opposing club is the one leaking because they want to drive prices up.

Tomi, Kiwior, Partey etc. they all came pretty much out of the blue.

Ok there were rumours about Partey but everyone was shocked on deadline day and it was nothing like the Mudryk transfer sagas we’ve had to endure. Feels like the selling clubs are usually the ones that leak.

2 Likes