Jack Wilshere

4 Likes

What a performance. He has to be one of the biggest ever “what if” players for us in modern times.

Imagine if Wilshere had reached his potential with us and Fabregas stayed. Would have been unstoppable.

1 Like

Good for him. Hope it works out!

Well done Jack :clap: go smash it

Really hope he can have some success with Bournemouth

4 Likes

The other side of the potential argument. Some realise it and some don’t. Didn’t develop and his game went stagnant. Pretty much a redundant role in the modern game his.
Injuries played apart but not all of it by a long stretch. Held onto him way too long.

1 Like

The guy must get sick of all the negativity towards him from rival fans and even our own (with friends like that, who needs enemies springs to mind :grin:) when all he’s probably wanted to do all these years is have a proper run at playing football. Not his fault he consistently got hurt, putting his body on the line, down the years playing for the club.

1 Like

He had plenty of runs in the team when he came up with nothing.

4 Likes

I agree with @Stroller, injuries played apart but he’s also to blame. He was always out smoking and drinking, sometimes getting into fights etc… I think at some point he bought into all the hype and labels “Arsenal DNA” “future captain”, ultimately stagnated and never offered much. In my opinion he was another of the Arsenal PR team specials which were sold to fans after we stopped buying quality players. Overrated.

2 Likes

Perfect fit for the Tuesday night club in GG’s days :grin:

1 Like

He could only dream. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, he was too tactically dumb to play as a midfield 2 and his play style was too risky that deep, but lacked the goalscoring and creativity of a 10.

Alot of his injuries are because of his playstyle he never adapted from, always leaving it to the last second to look up and play the ball and get hit with a tackle, but on the other side he was never protected by the refs, the guy used to get scythed several times a game.

3 Likes

He’s got the Diaby hype. Amongst all the glorification of how good they could have been people forget the many games they played where they didn’t really do anything.

Wilshere was a good player who didn’t have enough about him to truly develop. Good feet but that can only carry you so far. Wasn’t a great passer, wasn’t a big creative presence, not a goal scoring threat.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Jack did have a full season in 10/11 which saw him make PFA team of the year or close to it as a 19 year old to be fair. Didn’t have many G/A to his game at that age but I think he did have creativity which would have further developed if not for the horrific injuries.

3 Likes

You may well be right but I don’t think he ever even tried to develop his game so o guess in my eyes we saw enough of him to know that his game simply never changed

1 Like

What a waste of a gifted player . It’s tragic that injury has ruined what could have been a trophy rich career . Wilshere would make runs with his head up , looking all the time , not passing backwards, Something very few players can do .
One injury to far .
Good luck at Bournemouth , hope he gets some good game time but more importantly enjoys his time on the pitch , gets fit and grabs a goal or two along the way .

3 Likes

I can remember the buzz of excitement when he started and broke into the first team. He gave the team much needed impetus.

1 Like

Haha

7 Likes

ezgif-5-5a56c4682ff0

18 Likes