Jack Wilshere

Any of them knocking about still? It sounds like the type of thing some random self promoting type would write to try get their name out there.

Iā€™m sure theyā€™re on the internet somewhere :slight_smile:

Iā€™m not buying that thereā€™s a running style that snaps that ankles of an athletic young man

Thatā€™s certainly your prerogative :slight_smile:

Helpful as always Julesā€¦

@arsenescoatmaker basically why I asked. It took a guy in a random shop doing a less than ten minute gait analysis to tell me exactly what I was doing when I ran and to suggest some shoes that would help support that. And they did and the ankle injury I had picked up hasnā€™t reoccurred. These things are correctable and certainly so by people who know more than the guy in the shop I went to.

/yawn

Supportive running shoes will help some people as they stop the foot rotating on impact.

However an athlete in his prime, with supple joints (joints of people 30 plus are far easier to pick up injuries), carrying low levels of bodyfat, getting the best physiotherapy and having the best available footware is less prone to these type of injuries. Especially ones that see the ankle fracture on multiple occasionals

Jack dribbled and was hard to get the ball off. He would of picked up all kinds of rough tackles and kicks. IMO thatā€™s more likely to have done him in.

1 Like

I definitely agree.

2 Likes

Remember how he would consistently go in for challenges he didnā€™t have a chance of winning and stretch at full length for the ball when he wasnā€™t going to get it? He had such a terrible habit of doing this.

I think ultimately Jack didnā€™t reach his potential because he was naturally brittle but also didnā€™t do a good enough job of taking care of himself to help counter that. I do think there were also issues off the pitch that added to the outcome.

Jackā€™s playing style was what got to him. He runs into fouls. Man used to get a thousand knocks per game, the ones we saw at least. :joy:
He considerably changed his style since that run at Bournemouth. He was a completely different player in his last season with us.

Nope. Was none of that. It was because he ran funny. Some random physio said so 9 years ago. Q.E.D.

:gunnersaurus:

1 Like

We got there in the end :slight_smile:

We should of claimed he suffered from growth defect due to a lack of growth hormone like Barce did with Messi. He would of developed 20 inch uninjurable tendons like Messi did

1 Like

Nice to see him score, still has the same injury problems he had at Arsenal and probably will for the rest of his career. If he can at least stay fit for 90% of the season, he be a handy player for any mid table team in the PL or team in Europe. But heā€™s sadly past the time of probably getting a move to a top side. Sad really had the potential to be a all time great at Arsenal but injuries screwed him over.

2 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like

I hope that isnā€™t the funniest video I will see all day

8 Likes

Itā€™ll be the most relevant one you see Jack in all season.

6 Likes

Itā€™s up for the ā€œWilshere Awardā€ in the ā€œFunniest Moment In The West Ham Laundry Roomā€ category, at the Edinburgh Festival.

2 Likes

Honestly, Iā€™d forgotten he existed til this thread popped up lol

1 Like