Ivan Perisic

“Emery is misusing him” like that “Mourinho is misusing him” fairytale we were all fed in January.

It says both Suarez and Perisic might join us :giroud3:

If they’re both joining it must mean Ramsey is going and we are getting two replacements.
One to replace Ramsey and one to play at CB until we get a proper one in the next window.
That’s what I like to see, forward planning.

1 Like

Arsenal pressed hard for Perisic. They want loan + option, Inter Milan want permanent or loan + obligation. So #AFC offered to pay penalty fee if loan doesn’t become permanent. No sign of #Inter budging. Far lower numbers & effort in Carrasco pursuit. Nkunku said to be 50/50 #PSG

— David Ornstein (@bbcsport_david) 30 januari 2019

Jeez, we were so desperate we were willing to promise to pay money we supposedly don’t have yet just in case the Perisic move didn’t work out.

The whole deal is probably dead at this point and I worry that we still have a reputation of being really lousy negotiators when it comes to transfers.

2 Likes

A day is a long time in football! 1 deal done, 1 day left!

2 Likes

I don’t feel comfortable with this one. Not sure it’s gonna happen

No chance now.

1 Like

With the signing of Suarez and Nkunku looking likely, I can’t see this happening.
It’s a shame because of those three, he could have been the player to make a difference to our chances of getting a top four place, with his experience.

1 Like

Too bad we didn’t signed him.

But happy birthday, Ivan!

@Castiel

2 Likes

Fuck 2019, time really flies when your club is stuck in dog shit mediocrity

2 Likes

He won a CL and Serie A since then.
Reckon he’s glad he didn’t move here. :rofl:

I’m talking about us

1 Like

I know, I’m just poking fun at us that he did not make the mistake of joining us.

1 Like

What’s really funny is reading people not want Perisic in 2019 when we were after him but think he’s a great signing for Spurs, this fucking place lols

Oh he definitely got the better end of the deal. A treble with Bayern, a scudetto, got to hang out in Milan. Sounds pretty awesome.

1 Like

Perisic would have been better than all our wingers had we signed him in 2019. Crazy things is that £35-40m fee at the time was steep but he’s still going at 34 (albeit as a wing back) so had we spent that sum on him we’d still have gotten 3-4 good years out of him.

One thing I will say is that whilst I believed he was good then, his form was in the bin so I can understand why people were a little hesitant about him.

2 Likes

Didn’t have Conte or Flick as coach, that’s why. :eyes:

The money never really matters as much as people like to think it does at the time. It’s all about whether you find value in that sum or not. Emery got done a little dirty in the sense we spent a ton of money while he was head coach yet literally none of it turned out to be value.

To think we were linked with players like Carrasco, and Perisic, literally both of those sound so much better than what we went with. Not to mention Nkunku surely you listen to Emery when he’s actually worked with the kid in France

I really don’t care what we spend this summer as long as we actually improve the squad

2 Likes