Ivan Perisic

Would be up there with Mkhitaryan as a incredibly short-minded, stupid deal.

2 Likes

Better than Mikhitaryan, but I tend to agree - would rather see us snap up younger, more exciting players and start planning longer-termā€¦ our squad situation needs too much to address in one more year imho.

1 Like

Itā€™s happeningā€¦!

Whoa yeah this might lower their asking price, letā€™s see.

This is a real test of Raul in my opinion.

Old Arsenal would refuse to get shitty with the selling club, refuse to tap up the player or send messages through third parties to that player to make sure he kicks up a fuss. Old Arsenal would also probably then put in a ridiculous low ball offer which would get negotiations off on the wrong foot.

Hopefully Raul and company are able to force Inter into a position where they let us have Perisic on our terms (i.e.: a loan with an option to buy or a relatively lower fee). Iā€™m not aware of any other clubs interested in him at this point. I know there were rumors when Mou was at Man U that they wanted him but I think that ship might have sailed.

We arenā€™t getting him on loan. Inter are not a charity

they arent keeping him so i dont see how a loan where we are paying his wages is too much for them tbh, gets him off their books and will be gone anyway so whats the point in having him there to cause problems.

Time for address-book raul to prove his worth.

Another 30yo who may not improve the first team squad on Ā£100k a week, that shit has me nauseous.

If we make it through this window with no money spent iā€™ll be relieved I tell you that.

2 Likes

One thing is a big positive is that weā€™re seeing this as a position that needs addressing.

An upgrade on Welbeck for sure.

Huge upgrade on all our wingers tbh.

3 Likes

:santi:

Itā€™s not over yet!

Daily Express

Daily Star

Daily express and the daily star really?

Iā€™m an optimist!

ā€¦and Iā€™m catching you in the fantasy league :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just think that if we are going to spend ā‚¬45 million anyway we might aswell wait for the summer and do some more scouting and spend that amount on a player with a higher upside. Ivan Perisic is not the player you go all out for. He will not drastically improve your chances for, or get you into, top four. This team is good enough to at least win the Europa League already,

5 Likes

As much as I see @Castielā€™s point here, and itā€™s a valid one, I think we have too much to contend with from an injury point of view. Our defence has taken an almighty hit and with Holding/Bellerin on season enders, Sokratis now a month out and some pressure mounted on Kos, I think weā€™re already fighting a losing battle.

I donā€™t think Perisic can be the difference in us getting top 4 this season. Definitely a chance he can but the odds look way too stacked against us right now. I think we should position ourselves for the summer and make solid acquisitions then.

All nice and cosy this summer window thing. Not sure the reality will be anywhere near whats needed. Very least a couple of players could have been shipped out.
Truth is we havent a clue how much we are likely to invest or otherwise. Criminal with the lack of quality in the squad mixed with injury to let this window pass.

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure we are strong enough. We win the Europa League and we are back in the Champions League and back in the money, which would pay for the transferā€¦plus Inter are in Europaā€¦so we would weaken a competitor.