Ivan Perisic

That just about describes the people who run the club perfectly.

Not really I usually back the players if the talents there. Problem is we have too many players at the moment like Iwobi and AMN where Iā€™m not convinced they are good enough. Iā€™ve seen enough of Perisic in the past to know what weā€™d be getting, granted I havenā€™t watched him this year in Italy but Iā€™m he wouldnā€™t be the first attacker to embrace a change of scenery.

I suppose it all depends on how he performs if we were to sign him, however, considering what happened with Mhki Iā€™m wary tbh.

I feel a lot of what is going on with mkhy is mental. Heā€™s always been such a talented player but he doesnā€™t look like heā€™s enjoying football any more. I suppose being used as a human bargaining chip for that prick Alexis would be a blow to the morale but hopefully he can come back strong in the next few weeks and save us from Iwobi.

To be fair we have gone through more failures, with our transfers, than almost any other top club in Europe in recent seasons, so I donā€™t think our expectation levels are any higher than many other supporters.
In fact it is more likely our expectation levels have dropped quite considerably.

We have been in an almost perpetual period of transition since we moved to the Emirates, and rather than getting better players and moving forwards, we are doing the opposite.

Basically every team has to buy players experienced or potential wise and see what happens. Always been this way. Some work out and some dont.
The manager has a ton of shite on his hands here and has to be allowed to put his mark on the side. Unlike Wenger he and any future manager will be answerable.
Its a massive job and we where and are going to be extremely lucky to get this right first time round.
So yeah if he wants Perisic and Suarez he is entitled to propose them as its what he will get judged on.
Like we all have our issues of how many bad players we want out of here. The simple reality is he and us have to put up with a percentage of them as the squad is that weak.

4 Likes

Canā€™t blame them

Sniffing around clubs asking for scraps on loanā€¦this club :laughing:

4 Likes

But think of all the money weā€™re saving for when Emery starts splashing the 200m on building a title challenging team in the next window :grin:

No shame whatsoever in this approach.

The cautious attitude is be praised if anything after a series of expensive, not value of for money deals. We obviously have the capacity to pay big in a few months time

Sorry, Iā€™ve just realised I put on an extra zero.
That should have read 20m :wink:

Maybe after brexit that 200m could buy us one of Wengerā€™s Barca prospects. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

This approach didnā€™t work with us on Barca with Suarez and itā€™s not looking promising here. Donā€™t blame them either, our proposals are so desperate on the face of it that theyā€™d be idiots to accept.

Someone wake me up in 5 days please.

I wonder if we tried this approach for someone we do actually want. In a loan+Option or staggered payment type affair from the beginning of Jan?

Weā€™re hoping teams will give us charity and sweetheart deals, itā€™s just naive tbh.

Personally think where still trying to sort a direction out in boardroom and not ready to buy players yet.
I know its a mess but getting resigned to the fact that the whole clubs in transition and where going to have to suck it up till they do.
Problem is there is no quick fix. Sort your own mess out then you have to play catch up with the rest.
Going to take a mixture of sorting ourselves and luck and reversals at the the other five for progress to happen anytime soon.

2 Likes

Yikes

Get it done