Ivan Perisic

Reports this evening seem to suggest that Perisic has handed in a transfer request…If Perisic wants out and Inter want him gone, he’ll go…our offer may need to be amended to loan with deal to buy in the summer, but there is a chance this could happen.

Personally, I think this would be a great move for us - he would be a significant upgrade on our current options on the wing.

Express

1 Like

#announcejohnperisic

5 Likes

You aren’t going to get a world class young player for 35 million in this day and age tho without a release clause. Per on his day is world class and I was terrified he’d end up at united when mou was interred. It’s not a bargain but it’s also not huge money. Tbh I think it would be decent business for us even if we weren’t desperate for wingers.

35million buys you one mustafi or one xhaka.

Or one Salah, or Mane with some change.

You know if this is the case, can’t we offer less than 35mil? (A bit like the situation with RVC- ManUre bought him for a snip of the price that he was worth, simply cos he wanted out)

Signing Perisic to a long term deal would be a terrible idea but I can definitely see this club doing it.

3 Likes

Seems like such an uninteresting deal for Inter, financially. Can only see them agreeing to this as a courtesy to Perisic, for his good service over the years, lol. Unlikely.

I know right? Apparently Inter want to cash out because it’s now or never. Weirdly his price should have skyrocketed post- World Cup but he hasn’t lit the world on fire in the league.
To me what’s weirder is that they’ re potential EL rivals. Perisic is a match winner with wide variety of tools(both feet, crossing, shooting, pace, etc.). Why strengthen a rival now?

According to Inter fans he hasn’t had a good game since the WC haha

Sound like the right type of guy to come into a fragile situation and help us push for a Top 4 finish. :wenger:

1 Like

Haven’t caught him as much this season with Serie A on Eleven Sports this season but Inter fans always moaned about Perisic.
It’s understandable though. When he is on, he is ON. They’re used to higher standards from him. Plus, he has that disappearing quirk which I’m sure doesn’t help things. :joy:

Sounds like Mkhitaryanic to me

2 Likes

Not as they are now. I’m sure there were plenty of grumpy Liverpool fans calling them a waste of money before they arrived.

:warning:

We’re run by fucking morons if we actually spend 35mill on an out of form 30yr old midfielder.

2 Likes

Good player but doesn’t move the needle for us in the least, with that said would be good to have a wide player of some actual quality.

We should not be signing him long term though, it would be plain nonsensical.

1 Like

Literally all I’m reading from arsenal fans is that he’s too old and too expensive. As fans we seem to have such a lazy hive mind when it comes to transfers.

Very few people are talking about the positives of a move like this. We have next to no natural wingers, yes this guy is 29 but he’s also insanely experienced - six months ago he instrumental in getting his team to the world cup final.

He’s two footed, tall and strong, I honestly can’t think of a winger who would play Emerys style of football as naturally without negating our attacking threat. At some point we have to start financially backing our manager and if it’s 35million we won’t get back then I don’t see that as too big of trade off.

Yes our defense needs sorted too but let’s not ignore the fact that our attack is as unbalanced as it has ever been. Having no wide outlet is constantly leaving auba/laca isolated like in the West Ham game - don’t get me started on Friday nights abomination.

I honestly don’t know what Arsenal fans want - a young, experienced, cheap world class winger? OK I’ll take two.

7 Likes

He’s up and down, sure it’s worth a punt short term but it’s yet another player that has consistency issues and has no upside.

You’ll be one of the first screaming bloody murder when he’s doing sweet FA in the final third lol.

Herein lies the problem. Fans have a grossly unrealistic expectation of how the transfer market works. For all the gems that clubs like Sampdoria find with players like Anderson and Torreira they go through an awful lot of junk too. The difference is those clubs don’t have the same expectation so they can go through failures. We can’t.

2 Likes

Don’t think it’s asking too much to sign players that not only play well but also have upside, our forward line is aging as it is.

2 Likes