Ivan Gazidis

Has anyone mentioned he’s a bald cunt yet?

3 Likes

Signing players like Halilovic sum up the plight of Milan to be honest with you.

Who ever brought him to Milan is an arsenal legend haha

I had been pretty sympathetic to Ivan while he was here at the end of the Wenger years. However it’s pretty clear to me that he left the club in total dissaray from a contractual standpoint. We have so many players on high wages and made so many bad decisions at the high (Alexis, Özil), middle (Perez, Mustafi) and low (Asano, Sonogo) portions of our wage bill. We didn’t take any sort of dynamic steps to free up more cash like buying ourselves out of Puma or the Emirates deal to solicit offers from other sponsors and signed a new deal with Emirates which I believe prohibited a different sponsor appearing on training tops.

Overall I can admit that I was wrong about Ivan. He wasn’t some genius negotiator being stymied by Arsene, he was just an idiot.

4 Likes

That would make two of them for me.

I have to say, this guy and his pal Arsene have left our club in shambles. With our current financial situation, it’s becoming obvious who is to blame. The contract negotiations, overpaying average players, letting good players go on a free, all that is down to him and Arsene. Am glad he is gone but the damage he has done will probably take years for us to recover from. He is credited with some major financial deals like the Emirates deal, the Puma deal etc but I don’t think any Arsenal fan will remember him fondly. Good riddance is all I can say.

4 Likes

What does recovery for Arsenal actually looks like?

Not surely just 1/2 years. More likely 5.

1 Like

Both Gazidis and Wenger lied to the supporters on a regular basis, making empty promises they knew they couldn’t keep.

I’m glad they’ve gone but the mess they’ve left behind, and the mess that Kroenke will continue to reign over, is ruining the club.

2 Likes

Yeah it’s not great is it.

Over a decade of being told we can compete and that there’s always money there for a special special player, a future that constantly looked bright with a youthful team that had talent.

It literally feels like we’ve been thrown back into the dark ages and it’s a bit scary because we have an entire new setup at the club with people we know absolutely nothing about in the grand scheme of things. So we have no real idea of which direction we’re headed in.

It feels like the only thing that could save us at this point is being bought by some mega rich billionaire and run like an oil club, the very thing we’ve strives to fight against since abramovich arrived on the scene.

3 Likes

Lol

7 Likes

Anyone remember that Gazidis interview in 2012 when he said Arsenal will be able to compete alongside Bayern and Manchester clubs etc?

Now we are in that stadium, the first part of our vision has been realised," said Gazidis, speaking before Arsenal’s annual general meeting last month. "Now we are at the stage where some of the commercial deals that were tied into the construction of the stadium, and enabled us to take that first big step, will be renegotiated.

"When that happens, we will take the second big step forward and that will be comparable in magnitude to moving to the stadium itself. At times it’s been a challenging project, but we will have catapulted ourselves into the elite clubs on the European scale and that, for us, has been what the last 10 years has been about.

He said this in 2012. 7 years on, of course we have signed the likes of Aubameyang, Laccazete, Xhaka and Mustafi for amounts that we wouldn’t usually splash on. However, Gazidis mentioned that commercial deals would be signed and so on, does anyone have a record on how we have done on that aspect other than the Adidas deal?

The dreams he sold look very silly with our budget being reported at £30-40m or £75m the highest - if that is the case then we will certainly see likes of Wolves, Everton go above us in next 3-4 years as they have not been afraid to spend huge money.

2 Likes

Yeah he was a mug, but what else is he honestly going to say… “can you compete with anyone?”

“nah, we are small-time… probably challenge for top 4 and every decade or so hope to strike lightning like LC”

it clearly worked. in fact it worked so hard it made half our own fanbase think we actually had that much money to spend on players :arteta:

Gazidis, once a liar, always a liar.

Gazidis and Wenger lied repeatedly in the last few seasons, while they were dragging us down.
Why would anyone believe what this ego maniac has to say?

3 Likes

wonder what they think of him thus far at AC Milan, wonder if he is gonna pull them through the shit also

Gazidis didn’t lie.

“As we look to the next two, three years we will have an outstanding platform on which to compete with any club in the world,”

“Very clearly, it will push the club forward and put us into the top five clubs in the world in revenue terms, which will be a fantastic position to be in.”

“As our financial capability develops, as economic rationality enters the world of football, our ability to compete at salary levels for the very best talent will be enhanced,”

I don’t think any of these things were necessarily incorrect.

Just because our football was shit and our recruitment was shit doesn’t stop the fact that we’re a club that can make £60m signings and pay £300k salaries. After he said that we went and bought Ozil from Madrid and Sanchez from Barcelona and we all thought we’d turned a corner.

Everything was there for us to compete with the likes of Bayern for talent, we just executed it miserably. How much of that was down to Gazidis himself I don’t know but with a different manager(s) and different recruitment we could have been in the kinds of positions Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea have been in the past few years.

2 Likes
2 Likes

https://twitter.com/TheMilanBible/status/1129534590371213313?s=19

https://twitter.com/TheMilanBible/status/1129535362378981377?s=19

:arteta:

Arteta still available from what I hear.

12 Likes