Isolation

So people just ignored me?
That’s even worse.

Fuck you OA

6 Likes

I still mourn that. You didn’t even like it, I seem to remember. But I bloody loved it. There are some members on OA who didn’t chat so much on the main forum, but on MDC they gave their life story. It was nice getting to know people. DAMN YOU ALL FOR VOTING TO GET RID!

1 Like

On the old forum I loved it. It was brilliant we even had it open for non arsenal games I don’t know if you were on the old forum but I liked it more than the forum.

It was absolute pish on this new forum tho. Was rightly canned.

What was the difference? I just liked chatting crap with people. Surely that was the same on whatever platform?

I don’t seem to remember having a vote to get rid of the MDC, what i do remember though is that it was quality, especially when people were talking about everything except the actual game.

The old one was embedded into the board, new one crappy external limited software and awful responsiveness.

@wilshambition MDC or Matchday Threads?

1 Like

Mysty would still be around if we had MDC. He loved it.

2 Likes

You’ve posted like he is dead :joy:

You got any proof that he isn’t?

3 Likes

MDC was fucking dead for like the last year we had it because Arsenal were shit and the shitty software was shit (though not knocking anyone’s efforts to make the most out of it). It was a chore opening and closing it and locking threads etc.

@Craigie is it still actually hosted on your site? Is there just 18 months of you talking to yourself in there now? :smile:

3 Likes

We were shit during peak MDC aswell. I’m not having that excuse :wink:

3 Likes

We weren’t as shit plus that was not a stand alone statement.

I stopped paying the hosting bill. Couldn’t take the hurt of losing my beloved MDC.

4 Likes

all my best (only) jokes were on MDC :frowning_face:

1 Like

We tried this for a while, but it turned out to be shit as well.

It’s basically the same as a thread:

It re-skins the existing topic view into a sidebar, allowing for quick conversations in your forum.

Get everyone in Discord on mics for the ultimate MDC experience :slight_smile:

What about discord?

I would love some kind of IM platform for us to use during games

I’m open to the idea.

Discord has a wonderful integration for Discourse.

(Fuck sake those names are too identical, it’s confusing my brain)

2 Likes

We should do an OA Zoom meet :laughing:

5 Likes

I’ve created a server, it’s a start lol. Will look further into it at a later point!

4 Likes