I am excited

That is fucking brilliant

What was the last summer that like 90% of Gooners were united in heralding a transfer window as a giant success?

14/15 where we spent like 150m with only a couple outgoings. Brought in Sanchez, Welbeck, Chambers, Beilik, Debuchy, Gabriel, Ospina. They were mostly shitty buys in hindsight but we did spend a lot and address holes in the side.

1 Like

Am excited as well and I think while having a great transfer window is the main reason, there is also that comfort of not having Arsene at the helm, with the familiar tactics and familiar failures.

This season feels like an all new Arsenal and I just hope Emery lives up to the expectations now. He has to know that the club has backed him all the way and there is perhaps more to come in the winter. So, come on Emery, this is your time to make a legacy for yourself.

1 Like

I’m excited too, best I’ve felt about the club in a few years. Feels like a new era. New Adidas kits, new better players. Can’t wait!

1 Like

Aw that Endgame edit is amazing :heart:

This time last year, I didn’t really have much expectations and thought with it being Emery’s first season it was more about stemming the damage that he walked into, with the hope of a small improvement where possible.

Now, after seeing us miss on CL last season by a closer margin than originally anticipated, plus all these new signings, its fair to say we have every reason to be much more excited this time around!

2 Likes

The club showing relevance and positivity off the field with a good strategy is something everyone can buy into. I’m now confident that even if things don’t go as hoped for on the pitch a plan b would be implemented.

I keep reading this title as I am erect

Think I’ve seen the meme too many times during the window.

3 Likes

One month into the new season and the hope and fresh optimism has been brought back down to reality already. Things better step up pronto :chester:

2 Likes

Think I was pissed when I made this lol

There was one major factor that pissed on ur excitement parade. No new manager.

2 Likes

This was the best thing about this thread, and the only thing that held up

2 Likes

Imagine looking forward to a new season and enjoying being a football fan.

What a cunt.

1 Like

They’ll step up soon if we get a proper manager.

We got a good squad, made a lot better in the summer.

1 Like

5 Likes

What a cunt

2 Likes

2 Likes

Thread hasn’t aged well thus far haha

2nd comment still quality though, so that’s nice.

We can now add worldwide pandemic causing the football season to be postponed for three months.

Arseblog said it in his blog today but this has to be the strangest season in arsenal’s history :joy:

In time, the 2019-20 campaign will be looked back on in different ways by different clubs, but I think in the annals of the one we support, it will go down as one of the most stressful, annoying, bizarre, surreal and complicated ones in our long history. From the moment captain Laurent Koscielny refused to go on the US tour last summer, it was like the foundations started crumbling. We got a lovely new Spanish builder in eventually, but so much damage had been done beforehand. The landlord’s inaction as he ignored the warnings from all and sundry contributed massively, and eventually he had no choice but to act. Then we were hit with a worldwide pandemic, Arteta contracting the virus precipitated the shutdown of football, there was the wage cut issue that played out so publicly and so much more. It’s genuinely mad.