Highly rated players who you don't rate

Now you’re spouting straight BS mate.

Pull the other one :joy:

3 Likes

I’ll fully admit to being a complete Fabregas fanboy from the first time I saw him kick a ball in the Emirates cup to the point where he left the club. But I’m also not blinded by that and I know the reality that basically any club in the world would have had him and had him in their teams just about the whole time he played for us. The very definition of world class as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

Cesc was undoubtedly among worlds best midfielders from around 2007/08 till 2010/11… and I’m even being… narrow… here, you could probably spread that a bit…
The heart, soul and mind of our game basically from around 2006 till he left. One of the most creative players I’ve ever watched (no one from active stars nowadays touches him really), probably the most creative premierleague player ever, close to bergkamp I guess…
That’s just my 10 cents. :slight_smile:
Btw, if he’s not world class, cazorla/ozil aren’t footballers.

Just to add some meat…

“And boy, could he could create. According to data from Opta between 2006-07 and 2010-11 no one in Europe’s five biggest leagues managed more assists than Fàbregas’s 60 – or created more than his 466 chances. Not Lionel Messi. Not Xavi or Mesut Özil, Frank Lampard or Steven Gerrard, although they all made the top 10. Fàbregas also averaged 3.5 chances created for every 90 minutes he played – again better than anyone else in Europe.”

3 Likes

Price won the WC at 17 and the rest of his career went well from there.

For me, Fabregas was stupidly highly rated by Arsenal fans and almost overlooked by media pundits as we had Rooney-mania going on pver here.

In actual fact, he was somewhere in between. A good player, but clearly not world class.

This bit isn’t true. I don’t think the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea (who were better than us) or even Liverpool (who were competing with us) had any place for Fabregas in their starting XI when I consider their teams between 2005 and 2010. That’s just in England alone.

Think we’re going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Tbh it’s not an exact science. The issue is on the definition of world class in these things.

1 Like

True.

I’ve always thought in my head (rather unhelpfully and unfairly to a plethora of wonderful players out there) that there are only 11 world class players out there at any given time. 1 for every position. A player who could fit into any team and any time.

Others will have a different definition of world class. It’s hugely ambiguous

2 Likes

Well yeah players to reach that level have to match what went before or better.
So your up against Maradona and Cruyff. So many a great player falls short for me like a Pirlo or Ibra.
Doesn’t mean their not great but fall short of world class.

1 Like

Fabregas has been the best player I’ve seen in my time since supporting arsenal, Fabregas was definitely world class, from a really young age as well he was just amazing

1 Like

Fabregas was fantastic at us for 4-5 seasons, in all honestly leaving us was good for him winning trophies, but I think he suffered individuality as a player.

Henry?!

1 Like

tied first then, haha forgot about Thierry, then RVP just behind

1 Like

Never seen much of Sule but the 30 mins I saw today he looked awful lol

If you think that all that he is doing is attempt to humour, then you’re probably as deluded as he is.

Apart from his social media and press antics, the moment you notice him on the field you know that the guy is full of himself and thinks he’s better than anyone around him. This led to his ouster from Barcelona and he has had issues with his teammates most places he went.

But be my guest and enjoy his brand of humour.

Don’t be angry at me for not getting it. Btw, it’s narcissistic.

OH Noooooo one of those people :xhaka: :henry2:

1 Like

Sorry, normally I’m not, but I just couldn’t stop myself… :innocent:

1 Like

Oooo…I bow down to your superior intellect