Henrikh Mkhitaryan

He’s twice the player he was 3 months ago. Great run of form. No more 6/10’s

4 Likes

That was his best game for us since his debut, he was outstanding, been good the last few matches tbh.

4 Likes

Has to be used more because he can score goals. Fancy him against the Bottlers saturday.

1 Like

Love an @Aussiegooner compliment!

7 Likes

Balling right now!!

1 Like

Didn’t watch the game so can’t really comment on what he did, but it was Bournemouth at home…needs to do so much more before I’d class him as being worth the wage he’s on.

Would 100% still rather lose him than Özil, if it meant helping out our wage issue

Out of interest, if that’s the basis/reason for your verdict - how does Ozil get the nod for you?

The reason I wanted him to stay when he was out of form is he has games like yesterday’s in his locker. Watching his link up with Ozil and feeding Auba is beautiful to watch.

But he’s a confidence player so I he just needs to stay in the first 11 and maintain this level. Mourinho was a bad match for him but if we overload our attack like yesterday and play him with Ozil we can enjoy some sexy football when they’re on song.

1 Like

I know he’s on big wages but we have to keep him if he can keep this form up.
With a decent run of games he might get the level of consistency he never had at Man U.
All we need is a top quality winger to play alongside Ozil, Aubameyang, Mkhitayran and Lacazette, and we have a very good attacking line up.

3 Likes

If he performs at this level on a more regular basis then keep him but if he falls into another 10 game dip of form then get rid.

4 Likes

If he keeps this level and we add a quality winger, then our attacking part of the team is ridiculously promising and exciting.

I think our focus for now should be our defence. If Unai sorts that out… I am for the first time in a very long time hopeful for a solid quality Arsenal.

1 Like

I don’t mean to direct this comment at you whatsoever, just using it as an example. In fact it’s not even a dig!

But funny how a couple weeks changes our outlook!

Understood. But, just so you know - in case you are referring to Mkhi and my outlook - I always defended him. Our attacking play, there I changed my outlook. It just looks promising and exciting.

2 Likes

Him getting on a good form and racking up his stats should help the club move him on and cash in. Surely you can get around 30 million for him. Need to start rebuilding. Keep the likes of Auba/Laca(or both if we are gonna play with two strikers), Ozil, Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal and Leno. Rest need to be under 25. Set up the new manager with a solid team to flourish.

That’s true but I haven’t really had a problem with our attacking players as we are third top scorers and only four behind Liverpool.

I have also maintained we should keep Ozil, Lacazette and Mkhitayran but our defence is a shambles.
Even against Bournemouth there were a few defensive situations where it looked as if the players had never had any defensive coaching.

We have to keep these players and sort out the defence.

What we mustn’t do is sell any of these players to pay for competent defenders.

1 Like

No mate, I totally agree. It wasn’t a dig at all.

I was purely making the comment from the viewpoint of how things can appear after favourable results in 2 successive gameweeks (within the space of 1 week) :blush:

If someone had told shown me the league table today a couple weeks back I’d have laughed so I feel the same way you do

1 Like

The only thing that crosses my mind when I look at the league table is: Man, I wish we had Arteta.

8 Likes

Let’s hope he keeps it up, because we’ll need it on Saturday.

Yeah, with that water bag carrier at City we would be firmly in 7th now instead of 4th. :arteta:

Absolutely. He adds depth to the squad.

1 Like