Héctor Bellerin

Bellerin was around 13 when Guardiola was coaching Barca B. I doubt they ever had a conversation longer that “Hello Mr. Guardiola”.

Bellerin didn’t even play for Barca B before he left.

1 Like

I’m not all that worried. He has a contract until 2019, has been effectively raised in our club, and seems pretty happy here. I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves for Barcelona at some point (I don’t see City happening) but I doubt it would be for 2-3 more years at a minimum.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Haha.
I wasn’t being quite that pedantic. I more just meant something like his contract running low and us getting shit money

He will leave eventually but we will get a very hefty free I’d imagine, we really need to win a league Title so it would make it easier to retain our top quality players.

He will be the best RB in the world, so no doubt other clubs will come knocking. He has already massively improved his defensive game, and he’s dynamite going forward.

1 Like

I like to believe that in coming seasons we are only going to improve & be able to compete at expected level.
So the days of first choice players being sure of leaving Arsenal is gone imo.

It would take a great offer or a call from Bayern/Spanish duo to entice someone from us.

3 Likes

I fucking pray that you are right as we are building a reasonably strong squad, now getting the best out of them is another matter.

I don’t know, as long as the squad is there I think we could convince players to stay, even if we were only coming 2nd/3rd because there will always be that sense that we can push on, whereas before it just wasn’t there.

When you’re asking Fabregas to play in a midfield with Denilson and watch him go sideways when you want to go forward, and you’re asking van Persie to get himself into a good position in the box while Gervinho dribbles it out of play on the wing, I can see why players would be unwilling to commit 4 years to that club when other clubs with competent players are after you.

2 Likes

Going out with an arsenal fan. Hopefully she convinces him to sign a new contract :wink:

2 Likes

Unpopular opinion, but I don’t feel like we have that many players whose departure would be a terrible thing and detrimental to the team. If Mustafi and Xhaka become great, maybe five players in the current squad.

1 Like

Oh good lord, Bollywood enters football -_-

Im sure Hector would like to play for a team that is serious about winning the League
and or the Champions league and get more money,City fit that bill however it remains to be seen if we do !
He owes us nothing but if we have any sense we will tie him down !

1 Like

I reckon football entered bollywood that night.

8 Likes

:joy:

.#MilfHunter

1 Like

How is that a milf?

:bellerin:

Il define anything 30 or over as milf material despite having a child or not :arteta:

4 Likes

I’m a MILF hunter at present and I set the bar as low as 50, does that make me weird? :grimacing:

(Sorry for interrupting your lovely thread on Hector Bellerin)

At that age, and especially if they are using a Zimmer frame, it makes them a lot easier to catch if they start running away :ozil2:

2 Likes