Héctor Bellerin

Literally what I was thinking watching that. Dude looks jealous of Wilshere’s career trajectory.

2 Likes

He’s basically a shit Assou Ekotto

3 Likes

I feel embarrassed for thinking we could get £20m for him lol

5 Likes

I think it’s so much easier for our fans to admit how truely woeful some of our players have been from this last decade when you see them doing it in another teams colours.

There seems to be this consensus that just because they play for Arsenal they’re better players than 90% of players out there playing for lesser teams or in lesser leagues. Not the case, wasn’t the case.

4 Likes

He wasn’t given the name Bellenderin for nothing

2 Likes

Not only he lost his speed, but also the desire to recover and improve

wants to focus on his fashion now, cant be bothered on the task at hand…don’t be too hard on him though his job is extremely difficult and he probably doesnt get paid enough.

1 Like

I will have you know he is not there on vacation

3 Likes

Didn’t know there was another kind of Assou Ekotto.

7 Likes

He is, just not the type you’re referring to.

Vacation of position on the pitch

1 Like

He was a fantastic prospect before his injuries. But I think the mixture of so much money so young alongside the injuries have seen him go to pot.

Would be one of the worst right backs in the league if still playing in the prem.

Think Saka and ESR amazing prospects, probably Martinelli too (although need to see post injury) but seeing how Bellend has turned out reminds you of newly hatched turtles trying to make the sea. Easy for the next big things not to make it but I’m still hopeful for these three.

2 Likes

Good potential talent not defensively coached well enough in his formative years.

1 Like

I think we saw what we wanted to in Bellerin back then.
Apart from his pace, Bellerin never showed any other prominent attribute. Not a great tackler or a great crosser or a good dribbler or passer etc.

If he had other attributes in his game, he would have been able to adapt to his setbacks in pace.
He did add a lot of initiatives & intelligent play in 2019-2020 season but last season he was completely drained & unmotivated.

In hindsight, it’s fair to say Bellerin never had a ceiling high enough to sustain a career with big clubs.

2 Likes

Another hindsight was, we should have sold him to Barca for a good price

2 Likes

When he lost his pace, he essentially became a bottom half of the PL right back.

Used to be explosive getting forward and had mad recovery pace to get him out of trouble.

Without the pace, he’s just a bog standard RB.

8 Likes

when he had it he wasnt great either, just that he could rectify some of his 20 mistakes a game…now he can rectify pretty much none.

4 Likes

Wasn’t coached properly. Not the first or last of that era.
Without proper coaching potential means diddly.

3 Likes

I was very excited after his goal against Liverpool.
Scored with his left leg and I thought we have a really technically gifted spaniard as a right back.

Gary Neville even had an analysis bit on his technical skill in his first season but that just went away

We’ve all seen that video of him getting caught on camera taking a suspicious little package from his mate at the F1

He really should just quit football and embrace being a coke snorting fashionista, which must be way more fun than playing for Arsenal/Real Betis and looking like you aren’t even cut out to play at that very mediocre level.

2 Likes