Héctor Bellerin

1 Like

That’s the thing about stats sometimes. It was actually poor delivery from Bellerin and Lacazette did all the hard work and finished it amazingly well. Yet Bellerin gets an assist stat for essentially fluffing his cross.

7 Likes

Generally it reverts to the norm over time though, you might get a lucky one like Bellerin yesterday, but other times you’ll put in on a plate someone and they’ll fluff the chance.

Yeah I totally agree with you that’s just why I don’t think it always makes sense to put as much stock into stats as we do sometimes. The season Ozil got 19 assists he probably could have had 30 with the amount of chances he put on a plate for Giroud and co.

2 Likes

Gonna miss him FFS!

I know this sort of injury can happen to any player at any given time, but I genuinely wonder if a vegan diet makes you more susceptible?

3 Likes

Are you Alan Brazil in disguise? :laughing:

I don’t know enough about nutrition to know all the ins and outs, but I do recall David Haye saying a plant based diet was beneficial to his recovery and healing time. He said becoming a vegan made him stronger.

1 Like

I was thinking of exactly the same thing when he got injured, but the more I consider, the more unlikely it seems. Eating meat has no correlation with the strength of tendons and ligaments. Many top atleheles have turned vegan and it seemingly has had no effect on them. The likes Venus Williams, Defoe, David Haye, Virat Kohli, Carl Lewis and even Lewis Hamilton are all vegans.

Everybody’s body responds differently to different types of food anyway that’s why I think it would be difficult to evidence that being vegan has been beneficial / detrimental to him.

One things for sure he doesn’t look as physically impressive in terms of his explosion of pace and stuff anymore but I highly doubt that has anything to do with his dietary choices.

3 Likes

He “supplemented” heavily though. :eyes:

2 Likes

Well so can Hector, as long as he doesn’t get caught.

Yeah I’m also wondering if being powered by plant had an impact :thinking:.

Just back from 1 month on the sideline, he got injured for 9 months. Talk about bad luck :bellerin:

1 Like

How long is he contracted to us for?

2024 I believe

1 Like

Yeah, he signed a 6 and a half year deal not too long ago. A player we actually have tied down.

If I was to consider players as workhorses and commodities, this is a player we could have offloaded for a big money deal. Especially with such a long contract, and particularly because he divides opinion so strongly (many of us consider Bellerin easily replaceable)

His injury is doubly frustrating

1 Like

Yeah its between the people who think he’s one of our key players and the people who weirdly hate him because he has long hair and has a keen interest in fashion

What about us supremely intelligent people that think he’s not that good and also do not care how long his hair is? :thinking:

5 Likes

It hurts even worse reading this knowing he won’t play again until next year. :santi:

2 Likes