Héctor Bellerin

Fingers crossed he is here next season. Want to see his team talks, because no way does Aubameyang do them!

“Come on guys! Sweg, sweg, sweg, sweg…”

6 Likes

Still better than Harry Kane’s shit mumbling

1 Like

Hans Hateboer is a decent supervillain name.

9 Likes

Cade Cowell is also up there.

Just think about how low the stock of our players is right now. Xhaka getting praised to high heaven for the Euros he just had and we are gonna get like 12m euros for him. Our wonder kid just left to France for 8m. We had to give away Mustafi and Kola. Nobody wants Bellerin we will probably have to give him away too. :joy::joy:

3 Likes

I just don’t understand options to buy and why any loaning/selling club would ever insert one. It only serves the other team well and gives you absolutely no advantage.

It’s not like it is binding and we can lock them into a price that suits us. If he has a shit season and the amount agreed for the option to buy isn’t attractive to Inter, theres no respect in which they are bound by it, they’ll just offer us a lower price if they still want to sign him. Whereas if Bellerin has a great season, and he clearly does better than the negotiated amount suggests we expected him to, we are locked in at the pre-arranged price and can’t get more from him.

I literally can’t see a single advantage gained by Arsenal if we loan players with an option to buy, we’d be better off just loaning someone a player and not including an option to buy clause at all.

In this case, it absolutely has to be with an obligation to buy at a price we’d be happy with now. If he then outperforms expectations and shows he’s worth a few more mill than we agreed, then so be it. What we absolutely cannot have is Inter having him for a year on loan and deciding they’re not really fussed. Someone like Bellerin needs to go for a sum, whether we get the sum now or its promised next summer after an initial loan etc.

Can anyone remember a time when we were given an option to buy when loaning someone? I know Real didn’t with Ode or Ceballos. I guess because they weren’t necessarily sure they wanted rid of them, but I’d wager even if they were they’d have insisted on an obligation or a straight up transfer instead of a loan, because granting an option to buy is basically cucking yourself.

2 Likes

If no one is offering serious coin for Bellerin keep him and sell AMN or Chambers or both. Bellerin isn’t our biggest problem in the side.

Talking out of my arse here as a civilian, but I always thought it was a bigger incentive to buy and therefore affected the value of the loan fee.

Made up figures, but say you have a player who you don’t really want and you want 20m for but nobody is paying it right now. You can loan him for 2.5m with no strings, or you can loan him for 6m with an option to buy for 14m. 14m looks like it’s undervalued but it would be a big incentive to seal the deal for the buyer, but they still have the ability to cancel the deal if it doesn’t work out.

Basically I would hope the loan and the option would be a combined package rather than two separate things with the option being really cheap and entirely of benefit to the buyer. The value of the option obviously has to be negotiated as much as the value of the fee, and the leverage for that surely has to be the fee.

I’ve always viewed loan with an option to buy as basically buy with an option to cancel but it’ll cost you.

3 Likes

If that’s how it works then fair play, I can see the sense in it, I just don’t know if that’s how it does work though?

I guess none of us do and thats the issue lol. But yeah, I’m not cherrypicking one tiny quote from your post to be sceptical about, because I know you said you’re speculating too and you’ve definitely presented a perspective I hadn’t considered, and one that may well explain it. Your argument makes sense on a logical level.

After all, you figure there must be something that can make options to buy attractive for the loaning/selling club lol

Fucking hell, another loan? What stops Roma from doing the same?

Hopeful thinking this is a way for these teams to balance their books and this doesn’t stop us from investing money this summer.

Inter don’t have any money. The financial issues that Suning group are going through are very serious to the point where Inter didn’t have money to pay players at one point last season.

They had to sell Hakimi just to get them into a decent position but they will not be taking any loan with obligation so it’s in our interests to just stop negotiating with them.

5 Likes

Looks like Bellerin is forcing a move there though and what has been evident the past years is that the players always get their wish.
Guendouzi, Torreira, Saliba, Kolasinac, Ozil, Xhaka all examples of players ultimately being the ones deciding their future.

:notes: na na na na, na na na na, hey-hey-hey, goooodbbyyyeee :notes:

Rather we keep him for another season tbh, I just see Cedric being first choice really and us finding another Nuno Tavares punt. Don’t think we’ll be better off.

2 Likes

Fucking loans

2 Likes

We fucked up with Torreira, letting him go on loan to Atleti rather putting down our foot on a sale to Italy. Once you bend over like that for a player who has done nothing for the club, how can you not give a player like Bellerin who has been an absolute top class club servant his preferred move?

2 Likes

Spin from the player’s camp that he is too good for Arsenal, blah blah blah, is predictable, but as long as we can sell him for a half-decent price I don’t really care. I don’t really have any animosity towards Hector either, he’s been a part of the club for a long while and he’s been unlucky with his knee injury, which it seems he hasn’t gained full recovery from.

1 Like