Héctor Bellerin

He was absolutely shit but he was absolutely right about AFTV. Absolute cunts that now prefer if their team loses so they get profit.

That’s fine but it means they’re not fans anymore

And I think this may be a good point, against big sides, Ozil should play as #10 or not at all, as Bellerin needs protection from a proper winger ideally.

2 Likes

Fashionista’s should go back to their Gucci stores and get outta this country.

I’d say Özil could also play in a three performing the role Santi did for us but with two others to shoulder more of the workload in Torreria, Elneny or Guendouzi.

But I agree, he shouldn’t play out wide just a bad idea all round.

1 Like

Oh yeah, I’d love to see that.

Fashion is his hobby, not his race and skin color;
Gucci is an Italian Brand if I am not wrong; and he is a Spanish…

Not sure if there was really anything about racism.

Edited…

Oh yes i did…

Oh yes i did…

It’s bad on the right because of how narrow it makes us but it’s not been a problem on the left.

Hector get a mouthpiece my dude, you’re a great talent but you need to command better. Stephan or someone else needs to teach him this stuff. Fuckin hell I miss Sagna.

I thought he had a good game today, always looked dangerous provided 2 assists and worked his socks off.

2 Likes

Weird game… he struggled defensively (as did all our defenders), but offered a lot on attack… it is risky way to play though lol.

First time I’ve seen Bellerin live in months, didn’t realise how bad he’s become defensively :grimacing: Was awful in that respect, better going forward. Lichtsteiner needs to come in

3 Likes

Was AWESOME if he was playing as our winger. To sum him up he makes a suicidal run down the flank loses possession from a bad touch, wasn’t even dispossessed lel, and that springs a counter attack with Guendouzi covering RB.

3 Likes

That had me laughing in disbelief lol. Never saw Hector coming back into shot once, as their winger runs solid for 30 secs with nobody stopping him.

I lol’ed

3 Likes

Give him the right protection and he’ll be fine imo. Someone from the dressing room needs to step up and highlight how many times the past 2 years we’ve been bullied from Hector’s side and try to solve this problem. Torreira did a better job than anyone supporting Hector. It shouldn’t be just Lucas though, Micki needs to support the guy too.

He switches off all the time in one v one situations, look at the first goal, which Antonio repeated as just offside for one and had crack at goal on another.

He has zero awareness on the field

2 Likes

True. Looked much better in the second half though. Hope Licht can give him some pointers.

1 Like

He is ok going forward, but fuck me, a full back that can’t defend is useless.

2 Likes

Isn’t his job to defend and protect our goal?
Our protector needs to be protected? That’s sad.

Defending isn’t a just 5 man job (back line+ goalie). Just like attacking isn’t just a 6 man job (midfield and attack). **Based on a 4-3-3 formation.

RW/RM should usually provide the RB extra protection unless specifically told not to(which doesn’t happen on normal conditions).

My point is, even if your wing back has an attacking mind, his main job is to defend first, then attack.
People remember how great Cafu and Roberto Carlos were on attacking, but a lot forget, they are great defenders also.
If you are a defender that only know how to attack but shit on defense, you are still a shit defender.
Same as Beckenbauer and Baresi, they defended first, then helped on attack.

I agree that the wide players/midfielders have to help out on defense also, but as a defender, Bellerin has to improve his defensive positioning, one on one defending, tackles and attack at the right timing.