Héctor Bellerin

Vaguely remember his attacking form was quite good before injury? At the least he looked a crucial piece in Emery’s system.

That’s the most normal thing he’s worn in months.

1 Like

He was a huge miss last season. We ended up having to attack down Kolasinac’s side because of the absense of a competant RWB.

Cannot wait for his return.

1 Like

Fingers crossed that he can get closer to 100%. ACLs are tricky–no guarantees how hard he does rehab that he’ll be back to 100% or even 90%.

I’ve torn both ACLs (at different times) and while I’m not a professional athlete, the knees post rehab have been different.

Do not remind me of the likelihood that we will keep putting out that mood killer 3atb formation with Mustafi-Sokratis/Koscielny-Monreal at the back.

1 Like

Season died when he went down, and he’s not even that amazing of a full back. Just competent and pretty good in attack.

Looking like it’s going to be more of the same this season of were expecting Bel to come back and hit the ground running

3 Likes

Yeah agree, the way we play is so dependent on wide players being a real alternative for any opponent to handle in terms of carrying the ball, stretching the pitch and fast counter-attack and he does all of that pretty well.

He has flaws but in a team like ours that’s not a deal breaker lol, look at how poor all our wide options are across the squad, a threatening full back does not just offer quality like a CB or CM would which we obv. also need, but more a more efficient style of football over all I think. We’d be a whole different team to defend against if we had good wide players to act in those huge spaces we create with our style, and to compliment our clever/fast moving strikers in laca/auba.

I (maybe we?) felt like we needed an upgrade on him prior to the injury and then now feel like he’s been missed. Says enough really

Both sides of that statement can be true. He certainly would have benefited from either a young understudy to keep him honest or a Sagna type older player to learn from, just not quite as old as poor Lich.

I mean I guess that was our intention with Lich we just got it so badly wrong that it literally cost us our season from Xmas onward. Though if we were sensible we would have acknowledged the Lich mistake in January and brought someone else in instead of forcing all our hopes and dreams on AMN who is clearly not, and never will be a fullback.

Beware the Lich!

We need a new RB.

3 Likes

looks like a pink spiderman

Sits about eight in our list of priorities though

When does Belboy come back, if it’s anymore than a month into the season I’d argue a RB is essential.

It’s essential anyway imo. Our second choices are so terribly underpar I’m not sure we can bank on just having him alone even of he’s fit come season start.

1 Like

Osei-Tutu time

And he’s on loan to the 2. Bundesliga now. Poor AMN at RB again.

Also Hector in that ad at the end :giroud2:

:heart:

Looking sexy

2 Likes

He’s cut his hair :open_mouth:

6 Likes

Cutting it just enough to be noticable but not enough to appease the haters.

4 Likes

Reverse Samson.