Health and Fitness

Just gotta stick with it my dude. Not everyone brings their A Game every time.

Were you doing road cycling or up in the boonies?

1 Like

Nah I’m from Birmingham so there’s quite a few canals so just went there. Went to the city centre and back with a few pals

1 Like

From Birmingham you say?

4 Likes

Yes I sound like a peaky blinder

4 Likes

Do you also have a glorious mustache like Arthur? Or, as you may say Arrrrfur?

1 Like

I unfortunately don’t :rofl:

1 Like

Got a video shoot coming up for some promotional work for some gym. And I’ve got 4 weeks to get absolutely peeled out of my mind for it. So this will be my diet, plus 30 minutes on the stair master 5x a week.

5 training days, 2 rest days

6 Likes

What veggies do you opt for? Go fresh or frozen?

Asparagus is my go to with steak and also with chicken breast. But if I venture out of that it’ll just be frozen mixed vegetables. Much more cost effective and convenient.

3 Likes

I love asparagus.

You like squash? Butternut squash roasted with cinnamon. One of the only good things about the winter months. :ozil:

I’m gonna have some Papa John’s for breakfast

1 Like

Cheese is a protein, healthy.

2 Likes

I’m off on annual leave this week. No reason for it was just a random week to have time off and I couldn’t have picked a better week :joy: it’s been sunny as fuck 20+ degrees all week. Got a decent tan going and some decent steps in walk over Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I have combined steps of 38,512.

So decent :joy:

1 Like

87% humidity at 6:45am this morning. :skull_and_crossbones:

Felt like I was running with a bag over my head. That kind of weather makes your lungs just so heavy.

How’s the weather been for the rest of you runners?

7 Likes

Humidity over here has been horrendous, I’ve been doing a few 5-10ks and I actually hate life. I’m not the most natural runner as it is as I’m more into weights and calisthenics but running in humidity is torture. The sweat just sticks to me and I can’t cool down.

The heat exhaustion is real.

1 Like

You’re an animal!

Not run in a week now, chest infection. NOT covid!

1 Like

Over lockdown I did pretty much no exercise aside from the odd cycle and daily walk, so I’m really forcing myself to get back into the routine of going back to the gym after work.

Also trying to force myself to start running now the weather is decent again, just so fucking tough getting started, even a 20 minute run is an absolute killer for me. How the hell do you guys stay motivated for it lol

Honestly, we’re freaks.

5 Likes

Ah see I prefer running when it’s cooler, can’t deal with walking when it’s hot let alone run :sweat_smile:

The motivation for me was always races. I’d have several lined up throughout the year which pushed me to “practice”. I also found listening to podcasts better than music as I was concentrating on what was being said, kinda like a distraction.

1 Like

I think running with others, such as a park run, would be really beneficial and probably motivate me. Really need to look into those!

In terms of the weather I just find it much more motivating when it’s a warm evening, in the winter I’m not venturing out in the cold haha