Health and Fitness

First full week with my toddler back at nursery and it’s been sooooo gooooood to get out for fitness. I haven’t been able to do much of anything since March as neither of us were furloughed, so it was balancing full-time work aind a toddler. I was just getting back my fitness when the pandemic hit. Strength isn’t too bad and HIIT workouts have been pretty solid, but my running sucks. Can only get to 4.5km in 30 mins. I miss swimming. Best crossstraining to build endurance.

6 Likes

In terms of running dont beat yourself up on the distance. See it as 30 minutes running first. Id actually advise not wearing your watch for a few runs. That way you just concentrate getting around. Bottom line is your back in the game and its coming back. Well done.

3 Likes

I’m using my watch to track a few things, but I don’t look at pace or time until the end atm. It also has spotify, so I can leave my phone at home and still have my music.

I really miss my pre-baby overall fitness and shape. I had 18% body fat when I got pregnant. I manage to get back to pre-baby weight but my kid never liked to sleep, so I was always too exhausted and was getting sick after workouts because I couldn’t get a good recovery sleep in. Now this damn pandemic. So I’m also tracking calories and looking to go to a net calorie deficit for a few 4-6 weeks.

It just sucks. I worked so hard to get to where I was then as I put on quite a bit of weight when I moved to London with all the damn beer I was drinking.

1 Like

Way to get back on the bike! I saw London might open up pools soon.

:torreira:

Also, very jealous that your nursery is open again. We’ve got a lot that are closed here. Might be a long time before we send Mads back.

Thanks. Yeah, it was so hard without nursery as we were both still working full time. Ours delayed opening by a month. My son was so hungry for social interaction with his peers. He’s been running to nursery every morning.

1 Like

Ticked one off the list this morning. Ran a half marathon yesterday and another this morning. Total time 3:58:11. The last 3/4k today were tough but i managed to keep the pace. Just.

11 Likes

Gyms have opened up here too again. In 6 to 8 weeks lost 5 kg. I still have the Corona stomach though which sucks :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

7 Likes

Go on shammy! What was the terrain like? You have hills over there, right? :pires2:

1 Like

Relatively flat. About 290m elevation gain on each run according to the watch.

1 Like

Jealous! We live on a hill surrounded by more hills. :facepalm:

Hope you had a sweet recovery meal. Pancakes are my jam after a long run.

2 Likes

That’s just, wow.

Well done, squire. doffs cap

2 Likes

Yeah well done sham! Got 0 interest in distance running but have a fuck Ton of respect for you there that’s some seriously good going

1 Like

Well I just usually want to carb and protein the fuck up usually afterwards so boring as it is I go with rice cakes smothered in peanut butter. I have a nice steak for later tho that will get savaged!

1 Like

More savaged than Spurs’ backline?

Ya know, been thinking about this and you’re posting those times of yours while climbing Everest! You’re clearly on the juice! :grin:

2 Likes

Only juice I’m on is that cold pressed nonsense I get at the store for $8/bottle. Emery would be fuming! :laca2:

:laca2: indeed!

2 Likes

get yourself a partner who works weekend nights at a hospital. Those shift differentials are bankkkk.

Have any of you noticed that the fitter you got the more you sweat/more easily you sweat?

When I was out of shape would barely ever sweat, even when I went to the gym to do weights, I’d barely ever get a proper sweat on.

Now that I’ve gotten fitter and do cardio almost every day, I sweat like a fucking pig. Even just taking the dog for a walk while wearing a jumper in 18 degree weather and it was fucking pouring off me.

So annoying lol

3 Likes

This is so true :joy::joy:

1 Like