Health and Fitness

I don’t think he’s got a particularly special physique but I’d still favour him to not be natty because of some of his lifts. :man_shrugging:t2:

Are you going to change your avatar again if you hit 200.
Are you working your way through the animal kingdom each time you achieve here.
Graceful gazelle to predator at the moment.:cat:

2 Likes

In order to get the most out of milk , full fat milk should be consumed and it should be chewed rather than gulped down as the ‘chewing’ helps start the enzymes during digestion. An 100 whey isolate protein shake is better taken with full fat milk as it increases the protein, calcium and fats which the bones , muscles and repair needs after training.

Never did the Navy Seal Burpees. But I’ve done loads of 8 count bodybuilders. Think I might work towards a goal of 100. Do you think the Navy Seal ones are more difficult?

Any workout has been hard working full time with a toddler at home. Can’t wait for my son’s nursery to reopen on the 1st July. Then I’ll be running and inline skating again after his drop off.

2 Likes

Actually, I haven’t done the 8 count bodybuilders so can’t compare for you.

Speaking on the Navy Seal burpees though, they’re tough. Very tough. The initial drop which is when you then go straight into a push up is what definitely gets the pecs hard.

Then the next day you’ll find every body part feeling very sore to prove the effectiveness of it! The hamstrings are definitely the most sore for me I find. I definitely recommend giving them a go!

2 Likes

@Electrifying
Forearms
Hope you can understand this !
Using a barbel behind your back , palms of the hands facing towards a wall grab a barbel and twist your palms upwards as if you are turning a throttle of a bike . Start with a grip of less than a shoulders width . Work on this and once the ‘burn’ is achieved try moving your arms out . This his the forearms at different muscles groups .
Once you have mastered this you can then sit on a bench and hang your forearms over the end of the bench , again using a barbel twist your wrists towards the ceiling. ie a reverse throttle motion .
One of the best forearm builders is the following.
Cut a broomstick to about 600mm
Drill a hole in the centre 300mm
The tie a piece of rope to the handle .
Cut the length of rope so it just touches the floor .
Then attach a weight , brick , plastic milk container filled with sand .
Grab the handle ,
Then stand with your arms at shoulder length
And twist your wrists so you are winding the rope around the handle .
Then counting 1-2 1-2 while Slowly lower the weight to the floor .
We built water skiers and motor cross champions using these exercises.
Two being world champions .

2 Likes

Love it mate. Gonna have Nigel Pearson forearms in no time :giroud2:

Oh yes .
If you want triceps like a Rhino’s legs ,
Let me know :wink::wink:

1 Like

Does a bear shite on the woods?!

(Genuinely though, if I get a good overhead home tricep exercise, would be really helpful. Feel like I’m not hitting that middle head as well without the gym cable machines and skull crusher’s only crush my elbows more than anything).

I’ll put some exercises up tomorrow.
Triceps make arms look huge
Hamstrings make legs look huge :wink:

2 Likes

Ducking hate training mine is that why my legs look shite? I can post a relevant picture for reference if you need. The very top are wide and look decent but bottom half of thighs are slim

Ha ha
I hated doing legs . I’ve been sick training legs but legs make a man . Squats help breathing and lung capacity and the lower back .
I was trained by a bodybuilder who was so knowledgeable and he taught me the old schools exercises. Hey , did they work

2 Likes

Well yeah I fucking love squats believe me, and haven’t been able to do anything since lockdown other than cleaning the bar off the floor and onto my shoulders so only 50/60kg max.

What would you recommend then

Sissy squats .
Keep your back hard up against a wall and squat as normal.
Lunges are a fabulous exercise
Again , fill up a 4-6 pint milk carton with water and do lunges BUT instead of doing walking lunges keep stationary :+1:t2:
That sorts the men from the boys :wink::wink:

4 Likes

Oh yeah, I don’t do walking lunges, and in fact only do reverse as it’s more similar to the mechanics of a squat, and I’ve been told by several people it’s better for your knees.

2 Likes

One thing to remember if you want to increase size then you need to consume more calories.
The boys who I trained with all had fabulous techniques,
When we squatted we had legs parallel with the floor but the key is to keep your arse cheeks nipped together. This keeps all the leg muscles contracted to the exercise.
Diet , technique and rest .

2 Likes

Yeah that’s it. TIme to get some tree trunks, I think they look so fucking good.

1 Like

Sadly fella
Mental health has got the grip of me .
I doubt I’ll ever see the inside of a gym again
My knowledge is huge but my mind isn’t .
My body is crying out for me to train again but my mind won’t let me

3 Likes

Fucking hell man I’m sorry. At times I feel myself going the same way, especially the way I let girls fuck me up, and then mess myself up on my own even more. So yeah sometimes training is the last thing on my mind.

How old are you if you don’t midn me asking?

I’m 54 .
My mind is so willing to get back to the gym but I get a mental block . It’s the same sort of problem that Eric Bristow the dart player had.
He couldn’t let go of the dart . It’s a mental problem. A lad I know has been pestering me to train him but I just can’t get my head around it . I have so much knowledge on training and diet yet I can’t get my head right.