Harry Kane

oBViOusly :henry:

Anyone think of a better player never to win a trophy?
I honestly canā€™t think of anyone who Iā€™ve seen. Malcolm Macdonald was the nearest I can come up with.
Tom Finney historically would be but thatā€™s before my time.

Di Natale and Le Tissier come to mind.

1 Like

I did mean here but fair play. Le Tissier wasnā€™t better than Kane though.

1 Like

Bernd Schneider

From his perspective, it makes sense from a PR standpoint to at least encourage contract talks. It furthers the narrative that you were the loyal club servant who tried his best to stay and whatever offer you get from Spurs can be compared to offers you get from other clubs.

Weā€™ll see what happens next summer. If Spurs implode and Conte leaves then I think he will go to United or Newcastle.

Kane would have been better for City than Haaland in the short term. Far more complete player but who is still a ruthless goalscorer. He might not have had 25 goals at this point of the season, but heā€™d be on about a 1:1 ratio with the supporting cast all being more productive too.

Heā€™s absolutely fucked his career with that last contract. He only has United or Newcastle as possible destinations. Canā€™t see a foreign club spending Ā£100m on him, certainly not Bayern. Madrid will want to put that sort of money towards a Mbappe bid.

Heā€™s stuck where he is and he knows it. However, it would be kind of beautiful to see him run down his contract and walk for free. He wastes another year winning fuck all, and his bellowed Spurs get fuck all money.

But yeah, odds are that he extends. He is in his comfort zone at Spurs, no real pressure, adored by their fans and has his legacy secured. Heā€™s had plenty of opportunity to move previously, or at least try harder to force a move, and heā€™s never done it.

Proper Spursy

2 Likes

Yaya Sanogo

1 Like

Didnt he win a FA Cup?

1 Like
10 Likes

Better than Kane. Trophies donā€™t lie.

Congratulations Harry for equalling the late great Jimmy Greavesā€™s goal record.
Jimmy was , if not one of the greatest goal scorers the game has ever seen .
Kane isnā€™t good enough to tie Jimmyā€™s laces but still and achievement.
RIP Jimmy , not only a phenomenal footballer but a wonderful man who fought demons.
In the words of the great man

ā€˜ if Iā€™d have missed the ones I scored and scored the ones Iā€™d missed , I would have broken some recordsā€™ Jimmy Greaves
Genius

1 Like

Hear hear, Ash. Great footballer and arguably the greatest striker the worldā€™s ever seen.

1 Like

I canā€™t take any sides when it comes to Jimmy or the great Pat Jennings

Thatā€™s a bold claim I could think of a few which were greater, one died just recently

2 Likes

Really ?
One died before him and he was the best

1 Like

Thatā€™s why I said itā€™s arguable. Heā€™s up there with a select few.

1 Like

Haha you did I just remember the Pele thread and I think most of us agreed he was probably the greatest person ever to kick a football if not one of the greatest sportsmen

1 Like

I always say Pat Jennings was one of the greatest tooā€¦arguably

1 Like

The greatestā€™ is always a huge can of worms.
I think itā€™s the era you have been grown up in.
One of the greatest was Neville Southall itā€™s what makes football so great

3 Likes