Granit Xhaka

Nice goal but this game should serve as reminder that he isn’t that guy. Easy to do with Odegaard and Partey carrying you but today be showed his limitations.

If we’re serious we really need to take the next step and improve.

4 Likes

If Xhaka can’t perform without first choices besides him, would he really be of any use when he becomes the member of our B team next season?

2 Likes

If he becomes a member of our B team I suppose, no certainty we’ll upgrade his position in the summer.

This guy is the unofficial captain. What have you got Granit? 11 games including three very tough away days at Anfield, the Etihad and St. James. Him scoring against United last year was a moment, him being a pivotal reason for a title win completely changes the narrative of his time here.

He needs upgrading but he plays a very important role in the way we play - a lefties, who is capable of driving into the box and filling in the spaces at left back when the full back bombs on.

2 Likes

EXTRND HIM

4 Likes

Feels like he had a few mares against palace in the past, such as giving away penalties etc, or am I mixing him up with someone else? Laid a few ghosts to rest with that performance today

He almost fucked his goal up because he once again hesitated shooting. Thank fuck the Palace lad pushed him to score, lol.

Btw, we still haven’t had the annual Xhaka banger.

Maybe he’s saving it for a special occasion…

1 Like

91st minute at the Etihad to win us the game

5 Likes

:henry2: OA Afterdark protocols activated.

2 Likes

Jeez, I actually forgot this was against Palace

6 Likes

Truly the darkest part of the timeline

2 Likes

Xhaka still hates Arsenal fans

Was mocking them in his celebration
Look at that smile

3 Likes

Wait really?

My mom used to do that to my brother and I like through the car window or when she was putting us to bed. :santi:

1 Like

Apparently it’s something he does because his daughter does it to him

3 Likes

It is. And Trion knows it :grin:

11 Likes

Xhaka family’s a sly bunch. All in it.

6 Likes

I’ll never understand why he thought trudging off the pitch at snails pace was the right idea anyway lol.

It’s nice he’s been ok this year but defo wanna see the back of him in the starting 11. Feel like he’s so upgradable and replacing him will be key to us pushing on next season

1 Like

Wenger, Emery and Arteta have all picked him as a first name on the team sheet player and none of them have made any serious move to replace him. I think that probably tells us what an informed judgement of Xhaka from professionals looks like.

3 Likes

because we did/do not have a “leader” on the field?

I can’t really argue with that tbh… I wasn’t a fan (and was one of his biggest detractors)… I personally feel he has improved a TON and become a much more solid player, but wtf do I know as an armchair manager who has only ever played (never managed other than kids lol)… maybe he was better than I realized all along, but I will hold my hand up and say i genuinely hated his play for a while.

He is a very solid contributor now and i am more than happy with him. Having said that, we need to think of depth and future…

1 Like