Granit Xhaka

You a day or two late Flexo?:sweat_smile:

@Flexo and @Phoebica are going to have a field day in this thread this season

1 Like

Iā€™m just catching up on this shit. I just finished the highlights and now Iā€™m tempted to give the first 45 mins a watch.

1 Like

Really enjoyed the first half myself.

1 Like

My favourite bit was the 4 minutes of highlights where we scored 4 goals

How did I miss that flick by Xhaka. What a guy.

1 Like

First of all, love this camera work.
Now, what the fuck is up with Xhakaā€™s mouth?
Man turned into an AOT titan.

:santi: Thought he was very competent today. Iā€™m really concerned if he keeps this up and comes off well in the documentary that I may have to revise my opinion on the guy.

1 Like

He certainly looks better as an offensive midfielder, than when we ask him to do defensive work.

Watching the game yeasterday for me it was still obvious the biggest room for improvement still lies in Xhakaā€™s role/position.

As I said earlier, heā€™s getting into dangerous positions but does NOTHING in the end.
Also, defensively, he just covers space, he moves and runs, but heā€™s just so bad in one on one situations. A competent box to box, who can tackle and do something with the ball in those forward positions would improve this team DRAMATICALLY.

Xhaka doesā€¦ A certain jobā€¦ But heā€™s doing the very bare minimum most of the time. We need to improve on him as soon as possible.

Saying all of this, I would mind having him on the bench, on the contrary, Iā€™d like to keep him.

3 Likes

We can definitely upgrade on Xhaka.

2 Likes

Considering his positioning during the match yesterday, we should be able to bring Vieira in for him. Xhaka was very high up for most of the game.

2 Likes

Ah I knew Iā€™d get you on board eventually

@phoebica showing us that she knows football more than all of us bums.

1 Like

I thought Xhaka was excellent yesterday. Could we improve on him? Of course. But the guy is playing really well right now. He was instrumental in both the second goal and the last goal. He has a really good understanding with Zinchenko and his positional flexibility allows us to do a lot of switching and rotating on that side when he and Zinchenko play together.

All that said, Iā€™m really looking forward to seeing what we look like with Vieira playing in this position in certain matches.

3 Likes

I feel the same but i need to see more to be definitive. Lets see how things develop over the course of the season with real games

2 Likes

Problem isnā€™t really Xhaka, Partey or Odegaard.

Problem is what happens when one of them is unavailable.

I guess for Odegaard you have Fabio Vieira who is promising talent but we canā€™t expect him to hit the ground running. Oh and ESR, when he graces with being availableā€¦
For Xhaka you have Lokonga and Ainsleyā€¦
For Partey you have Elnenyā€¦

I bet you if any one of those players was unavailable for the Palace game most of us would be shitting ourselves, and thatā€™s a big problem with the team right now.

What a person

This guy has got a lot of stupid yellow cards. But this one takes the cake. Holy smokes how dumb is that. Would take him off in the half. Cant risk a red card.

4 Likes

We need an upgrade on this guy.

1 Like