Granit Xhaka

Fact is Xhaka is captain when Auba isn’t there…that’s fucking bad enough.

2 Likes

Not going to lie I was in pain seeing his name in the lineup but he has been at his best this first half. Have to credit him and the boss for the selection.

2 Likes

Being allowed to play with no press. Taking advantage of that and he’s able to get time because of it.

2 Likes

And he’s at hos best fresh after a hiccup. Give it a dozen games at best befoe he gets his next.

1 Like

Arteta wasn’t wrong when he said he was flying on his return from covid.

Played really well when the scum looked disinterested. As soon as they started playing Xhaka went right back to being exposed as the shitrer he is.

4 Likes

Game was over 30 mins in tbh. Thought he was really good when Ramsdale sold him a little short on 1 occasion and it ended up being a goal for us.

I still want him replaced as a starter @BigWeng_4LYFE don’t worry.

1 Like

I’m no doctor but that kind of planted leg hard contact knee injury often turns out pretty bad. ACL tear seems like a real possibility. Definitely some similarities to the way Van Dijk got hurt last year.

Probably a pretty big day for the “Xhaka ain’t so bad” crowd. Not quite as big as the victory for the “Mikel ain’t so bad crowd,” but unfortunately the success of both parties seems intrinsically linked on days like this.

3 Likes

Had a really really good game. Happy with him, but his brain isn’t wired correctly man, he made some dumb tackles and hits in the face when on another day a little miscalculation, is a card. 3 0 mate calm down

1 Like

He did it at 1-0 too. Kinda jumped on the back of opponent’s legs. Bizarre tackle and was lucky to escape the booking.

Arteta said it doesn’t look good. Good thing Lokonga and Maitland-Niles have looked more than capable to fill in when needed.

Does it make me a bad person that I’m sad for him personally that he is injured but not sad for Arsenal as it means we can play Sambi more

5 Likes

Think that’s quite rational myself

2 Likes

Yeah because nobody believes your sad for him.

6 Likes

Be a blow if it’s long term, will mean we see a lot more of Elneny this season than I wanted.

I dont think it will be anything serious. Probably a high ankle sprain with some ligament dmg by the looks of the way it happened, I’d wager he won’t have structural damage. He will probably miss quite a bit of time tho cuz those high ankle sprains are debilitating.

This is the prefect injury for Xhaka haters. It’s not going to hurt his career but he will be out a significant amount so we won’t have to see him.

How does Elneny get ahead of Sambi for you when he didn’t in the earlier games? Genuine question.

Just @ me next time, it’s fewer letters.

All jokes aside, I hope it’s not his ACL. My feelings about the guy are well known but I don’t want any of our players hurt.

He played well today but I think it was noticeable that Partey and Ødegaard were more influential, and that’s how it should be.

1 Like

He won’t but Sambi is young and won’t play every match, if Xhaka is out long term we’ll get a fair dose of Elneny.