Granit Xhaka

All these posts to wake up to and there I thought he was gone :pepe2:

3 Likes

I had that hope too, the key is to pay attention to the forum category the thread is in, because this thread wonā€™t be living here a second longer than necessary.

1 Like

Exemplary behaviour, I like it.

Not relating to what you said, but when I get a notification that you have replied my first reaction is to roll my eyes. Especially if you havenā€™t liked my post. Iā€™m like ā€œ oh what is he complaining about now? Have I spelt one word wrong?!ā€ :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

He was our record signing for his position and since heā€™s been here, particularly as captain, was not leader material and not a very good footballer.

Itā€™s true that weā€™ve had players before that werenā€™t as good but they were nowhere near as expensive and didnā€™t have the massive ego he has.

For what we paid and the points he cost us as well as being our least inspiring captain, he is up there with our worst signings.

I have a similar reaction whenever I realise your latest post is about Xhaka or Chelsea lol

3 Likes

This is the thing. Jeffers and David Platt would be comparable fees considering their era. No one really cares Jeffers was a flop because of Henry, Bergkamp, Wiltord and Kanu. No one cares Platt was past his best because of Vieira and Petit.

The difference with Xhaka is partly he has poor midfield partners because of years of under investment. If we signed Kante in the same window people wouldnā€™t hate Xhaka as much because the midfield would be better overall. But instead heā€™s generally being partnered with Coquelin and Elneny

Not that we shouldnā€™t go for better players than Xhaka, we should.

Iā€™m highlighting this part because it fits my point.
He is out best midfielder

Oh whatever. Enjoy non league.

Bullshit, Thomas Partey is a better midfielder than Xhaka.

3 Likes

FFS. Fine, on paper and for another team Partey is a better midfielder. For Arsenal this season Xhaka has been the best midfield.

Seriously, have a day off.

Oh and @Midfield_Maestro and @Cristo donā€™t think I havenā€™t noticed your likes for Jakeā€™s wrong opinion. Personally you should be on me team. Especially @Midfield_Maestro .

Youā€™ll make out anything I say to be pedantic lol. Correcting a blatantly, entirely crap opinion isnā€™t pedantic, Iā€™m not pulling you up on some minor point.

You keep saying Xhaka is our best midfielder, when he just isnā€™t.

Weā€™d all sell Xhaka before Partey. Weā€™d all rather see Partey play for Arsenal next season. None of our rivals would take Xhaka ahead of Partey. Partey has proved himself at the top level, Xhaka hasnā€™t.

Thereā€™s just no way Partey isnā€™t better than him, and you calling me pedantic for stating that just comes off as petulant lol.

Maybe take a day off from posting bad opinions and Iā€™ll have the chance to take a breather too.

2 Likes

Oh Einstein here.

Well duh, we just brought Partey, though you wouldnā€™t know because he has hardly played for us. So yeah Xhaka has been our best midfielder this season:

:eyes: :eyes:

Sorry I really just have such a passionate hatred and dislike for a player who has spearheaded our descent into mid-table mediocrity, I really just canā€™t fathom how youā€™re spending this much time defending him.

He has been so expensive and so awful, thereā€™s just no possible redemption for him.

4 Likes

Lacazette was our best striker last season, I donā€™t give a shit, why would I use the worst season of my entire life as some sort of benchmark for assessing plans for the future?

Being the best last season means precisely fuck all in terms of future planning.

1 Like

Iā€™m not using it as benchmark. I am using it to say Xhaka was one of the least shit of our current players this season. This was my original point. But I think some OA members are 8 so donā€™t remember anything else,

Youā€™re every bit as catty as I am pedantic lololol

1 Like

I try my best. No idea why your rubbish comments get more likes.

2 Likes

Sounds like a tag team to me