Granit Xhaka

Alternatively we could just abuse him across multiple threads?

2 Likes

Okay. No merging then.

1 Like

I’m sure this delights you all

This is great news.
The captain’s armband is in the post.

Backwards step and although I can see arguments for waiting for upgrades I’m not supporting this.
His attitude as much as his liabilities are what this squad needs cleansing of. Cunt of a player and a cunt of a decision.

2 Likes

If Arteta can coach him defensively to defend as well as Mikel himself did Xhaka could become a player for us. Big ‘IF’ but still

Going by Monday night that’s very wishful thinking. Plus that ego of his must be feeling super inflated now.
Maybe the fans should all apologize now for upsetting him as well.
Great chance of setting ground rules spurned here.

But he’s been coached by Arteta for less than a month and he’s already positioning himself a bit better.

Yeah if you like you can go down that road but he clearly wasn’t Monday night.
He should of been sent off and in turn suspended.
Anyway it’s his attitude as I have the bigger problem with.
Your giving another chance to a player who will now feel vindicated in his arrogance toward fans and club in general.

1 Like

He’s probably still leaving in the summer.

This isn’t the window to go look for a replacement tbf

3 Likes

Wasn’t being said a few weeks ago. Honestly wouldn’t be putting blind faith sorting all these problems out in the summer.
We shouldn’t be sitting still with the weaknesses in this squad.
Midtable mediocrity isn’t a great purchasing ploy in the summer.

Disagree here.

Arteta wasn’t here when Xhaka threw a strop. I’m sure Mikel wants to make his own judgements with everyone getting a clean slate. Pretty sure he alluded to this in one of his first interviews.

Furthermore we really can’t afford to lose players at the moment. Our squad is thin, especially with all the injuries at the moment.
I do not like Xhaka but I can see why he stays.

Same argument on squad size for Mustafi then yeah.

CB is debatable because we initally started with loads of then. With Chambers now finished and Holding looking crap, we have Luiz, Sokratis and Mustafi. Not even gonna consider Mavropanos as he’s young and far from ready.

1 Like

Agreed many of his actions haven’t been the best.

But here is an example of some positive traits, and no doubts part of the reason why the players voted him captain:

Reports (believe them or not) say the young players particularly like him.

2 Likes

This reminds me of the time he made a simple tackle in training and Emery busted a nut.

3 Likes

I get it, it’s a tiny thing.

But there must be a reason why the players voted him captain (not saying it was the right decision - if Emery wanted him he should have just appointed him).

He must be well-liked

1 Like

Well no not really you’d have to say it was a good move by Emery.
Either he and the players are right and being endorsed by Arteta or it was/he isn’t good enough.
Anything else is pure revisionism on our part.
Windows open throw him through it, he’s crap.

1 Like

He can hug all the players he wants when you churn out nearly half a decade of dross - you have to go.

It’s going to take a lot to change my mind on Xhaka. Certainly more than him hugging Nelson lol

8 Likes

I still want him gone too guys, just in the summer is better

3 Likes