Granit Xhaka

Arteta has signed Jorginho and is being rumoured to be looking to buy a couple of midfielders, which will give us plenty of depth so it would seem that Xhaka will be moved on.

He’s probably one of our highest paid players and although he’s had a decent season, by his standards, there won’t be many top European clubs queueing up to buy him.

An ideal situation would be to use him as part of deal with West Ham to sign Rice.
Ideal for us that is, not so much West Ham. :grinning:

It was annoying that he let the player pass however historically Xhaka would have levelled him and given away a free kick in a dangerous area or worse had that been in the box a penalty. Yes it’s frustrating he let the player through but could have been far worse !?

But it wasn’t in the box and he was in a pretty good position to take the ball off him. The fact that you also have no trust in him not committing a foul there does highlight my point.

It was great chance for Everton, free shot from McNeil with Doucoure lurking for the rebound, thank fuck Zinchenko headed it away.

Not so much Xhaka you mean, need a big pay cheque for him to consider going there.

I think West Ham would take him, maybe not for his demands though…

1 Like

I didn’t say he was in the box i said ‘had that been in the box’ and yes we all know what would have happened.

2 Likes

Here is the transcript of the full interview

I actually think he ajd a decent game but I have no idea where this indecisiveness for shooting has come from. Wasted two fantastic opportunities again today because of it today. The second one would have been goal of the season contender too.

I’d like to hope a goal will help him rediscover some of the pre-WC form, especially now that Jesus is back.

1 Like

Ideally we have someone a little more less rigid and talented on the ball in attacking positions playing this role, not trying to take anything away from Xhaka who has had a good season.

1 Like

Seemed his relegation to the bench helped. Good game today and helped dominate their lack of physicality in midfield.

3 Likes

https://www.cameo.com/granitxhaka

Our large adult son is on Cameo starting at 10 euro! It’s very tempting to have him record a message for OA.

1 Like

Fair

2 Likes

Yeah good decision. Need a big squad for the CL next season and after.

2 Likes

A PL title this spring, two more seasons as a bench/rotation player and veteran leader on a team competing for big trophies, then a graceful parting of ways would be the perfect end to Xhaka’s Arsenal tenure.

8 Likes

yeah 2023 Xhaka I have no problem extending :xhaka2: as you say Blink, we need the depth as well, it’s going to be way tougher next season with the CL and maybe a slightly more competitive domestic league on top of that.

3 Likes

Happy with that after the amazing turnaround he’s had, and especially as we’ll need the depth moving forward.

1 Like

Amazing turnaround for this guy. I think the three of him, Ode and Partey has become such a well oiled engine for the team. Depends who we sign for the midfield this summer but don’t see him becoming an el nenny type that rarely sees any game time, so should still have an important role for the next few years. Amazingly he must be in contention for being our longest serving player at this point?

Think Elneny just pips him as he was a January buy and Xhaka was a summer buy

Totally fine with this as long as we’re still looking to make big signing in central midfield (which I think we are)

5 Likes