Granit Xhaka

Mon Capitan

Plenty of occasions where I felt he could have played a man in behind the defence so you know his speed of thought and movement isnā€™t particularly elite.

Heā€™s absolutely a reliable option in that position but in the long term youā€™d still hope he can be phased out.

Has had an excellent individual season so far

3 Likes

Haha Christian Woods name at the bottom could legit be photoshopped into Xhakaā€™s and it would be kinda accurate :joy:

2 Likes

200w

Holy shite how good is he? no defensive fuck ups just attacking runs, crosses and shots galore !
He is machine go 90 mins full gas. Never injured.

1 Like

I think thereā€™s (highly probably) still more to come from him.

Heā€™s still learning and adjusting to this role. In the last season he was getting into dangerous positions too, but usually did nothing in the end. Now heā€™s doesnā€™t act surprised then he gets the ball in the penalty area or near it. Now he knows what to do with the ball quickly, whether he makes a good simple pass, cross, or even shoots himself. He looked totally out od place in these positions last seaaon, but now heā€™s truly getting into his new role and becoming a big weapon in our arsenal ( :ramsdale: ).

Thatā€™a why I think/expect him to still get better. Tbf this role offers a lot of space and time to him, with Partey, Ode, Jesus, Saka, Martinelli, drawing so much attentiom to themselves, all he needs to do is to make good runs and be sharp when the ball gets to him.

Yep. I donā€™t want to criticise him atmā€¦ But I still think itā€™s quite obvious a proper proper all action box to box (SMS, prime Vidal, Pogba, Saulā€¦ you name it) would do a madness in his role in this current set up.

8 Likes

His poor clearance was definitely a huge contributing factor in the penalty

3 Likes
7 Likes

Risen from the ashes like a phoenix

Undoubtedly an asset now

6 Likes

@Pires @SRCJJ agreed. Today isnā€™t the best day to say this, and Xhaka has made this opinion harder to have than before but itā€™s still probably true.

3 Likes

Xhaka has been great recently since heā€™s been used differently and Iā€™m glad I was wrong about him.
Allowing him a six season settling in period, to learn from his mistakes, has certainly paid off. :grinning:

4 Likes

Xhaka getting everyone in a huddle after each goal to maintain focus :heart_eyes: My captain.

14 Likes

Odegaard might be the official captain, but all the players know who the real captain is, what a turnaround from Xhaka.

5 Likes

I hope we didnā€™t put a tiny release clause like Ā£120m in that new contract

6 Likes

A captain, a leader, a friend, a husband, a lover.
A legend.

Granit Xhaka. :heart_hands:

6 Likes

You forgot key holder.

Thatā€™s the mark of a manā€™s man

9 Likes

Glad to have Xhaka mentor Odegaard on how to be a captain.
Hopefully by the time Xhaka is replaced, Ode has learnt the ways.

Then he goes a fucks the clearance :skull:

Nah heā€™s top notch now but mainly because of Partey. Never wanna see him at #6 again.

4 Likes

:arteta3:

The 180 us arsenal fans have done on him is crazy

1 Like

Steady. OA After Dark doesnā€™t start until 10pm EST.

2 Likes