Granit Xhaka

Dumb card. Seems odd the ref didn’t book the palace player for basically the same thing about 12 seconds earlier though.

2 Likes

Prevented a certain goal from Eduard there after Gabriel had his ankles broken

It’s not even just the yellow card he’s the antithesis of nice football. He is so slow and ponderous on the ball so his lack of athleticism becomes even more glaring

4 Likes

Need to hurry up and bin Torreira and get Tielemans in and end his reign of terror

1 Like

What are the odds of a second red for Xhaka in the second half? Might wanna place a bet on that. Seems likely to happen tbh.

Odds would be rather unattractive, given hes always one of the lowest odds to get a yellow or red in the first place lol

2 Likes

I’d lump a fiver on it

Where on earth are you getting 20/1 on a booked Granit Xhaka to get sent off in 45 minutes of football?

Negligent not to put a tenner on at those prices.

1 Like

Bet365 lol

1 Like

Astonishing

So xhaka gets tripped while making a forwards run. No booking against.

Silly ref

The streak continues !

1 Like

Still need an upgrade at that position. If we have an actual left 8 there, the whole system goes up a level again.

Be’s so fucking sluggish but he was really good defensively today.
Now get an upgrade please.

First yellow card in the whole league this season. Quite appropriate :grinning:

1 Like

Good game Granit.

1 Like

Yeah, thought he actually had a decent game. Though this did make me laugh

:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I wouldn’t mind if going forward we had consistency, and people diving were booked.

But we all know that Son and Kane will be throwing themselves to the floor with impunity.

4 Likes

As I mentioned above, about 10 seconds before his dive, he won the ball off a Palace player who went down ceremoniously and the ref waved play on, which suggests there was potentially simulation from that player too. I haven’t had a chance to look at it again yet though.

Xhaka’s was 100% a dive lol he should have tried a bit harder to run into the player and take contact if he wanted to sell it.

Thought he played alright apart from that, he does make a lot of blocks that tend to go unnoticed. Still think a wide forward is far more of a priority than replacing him and at this stage I struggle to envision us getting more than one first team player in through the window.

3 Likes

Xhaka is what he is, generally has pretty solid games although rarely gets credit for that.

But we absolutely need to and have needed to upgrade with more dynamic CM for a long time.

5 Likes