Granit Xhaka

upsetting the fanbase to the degree that they drag him out of the stadium probably

I think weā€™re ready to do that now.

I canā€™t believe this hasnā€™t be said yet but:

We would be GLAD if he went BACK to Monchengladbach. :xhaka2:

1 Like

Excellent news on Xhaka

Mikel Arteta revealed some positive news about Granit Xhakaā€™s fitness when he faced the media at London Colney on Thursday.

Our Switzerland international midfielder has been out of action since sustaining a medial knee ligament injury against Tottenham on September 26 and had been expected to be out until the New Year.

But Arteta is optimistic that that timeline could be brought forward slightly.

ā€œHopefully he will be a little bit sooner than expected,ā€ our manager said.

"He is training and pushing himself and all the staff so hard like he always does.

ā€œHe is in a good place, he is evolving well and hopefully we can have him a little bit earlier. It is still a bit early to decide.ā€

Define Excellent

13 Likes

Ridiculous. This guy has the healing factor of Wolverine. I wish he was a better player, it would be so useful.

3 Likes

Good news everyone

1 Like

Why couldnā€™t RVP recover like that from his injuries a decade ago :sob:

6 Likes

Heā€™s gonna start against Evetton, surely?

Here comes the armband back again. Just about two seasons to the day when he was out the door, and here we are again. :smiling_imp:

8 Likes

@Phoebica do you expect us to perform better with Xhaka back in the side?

The midfield was bad against Liverpool and United. We need to do something to change it up. Iā€™m assuming Sambi had a slight injury or knock which is why he didnā€™t start against United.

Iā€™m hoping for a Sambi-Partey midfield against Everton.

Xhaka is never the answer, but weā€™re going to be stuck with him during AFCON so hopefully we can make it work until the club buys someone who can either get the best out of Partey or just replace him.

Iā€™m not a fan of Sambi and Partey together in a pivot. I donā€™t think they gel well and they tend to overlap one another.
Iā€™ve found Sambi working much better with Ainsley.

Tbf, I didnā€™t like Partey and Xhaka together initially either but come 2021 they started clicking very well together.

I think, as things stand our best pivot at the club is Partey-Xhaka still.

Yeah. Maybe not every single match. But I definitely felt like we missed him on Thursday.

Partey has been dreadful in a few matches now. Think Xhaka next to him would improve him and thus us too.

1 Like

Iā€™d be tempted to drop him at this point but we absolutely need three points on Monday.

I think weā€™ll be similar with him, beat the teams we should beat at home, struggle against the top sides in general and make away games look difficult for the most part irrespective of opposition.

Any midfield that is improved by having Xhaka in the side is either second rate or desperate.
What a choice, Xhaka or Elneny to play alongside Partey.

Neither are young players with potential, theyā€™re as good as theyā€™re going to get and on big wages.
Why are they still at the club?

2 Likes

Yep it is 2nd rate and weā€™re desperate, that pretty much sums it up.

3 Likes

Iā€™d almost forgotten this cabbage and his lifetime contract.

I look forward to having the hate flow through me once again.

8 Likes

I genuinely believe loathing him gives me the energy I need to get through the day.

1 Like