Granit Xhaka

JFC, if Coach Big Brain disrupts things by putting him right back in the XI I’ll be really disappointed.

I’d like to see some growth from Arteta and that means not immediately going back to a guy who creates some weak points in our system.

Obviously we’re going to be short players in January but the last thing I want is us relying on Xhaka during a pretty crucial and busy period of the year. AFCON players could leave in December right? I’m not sure how the club play it but I’d hope they are having serious discussions about signing a midfielder as soon as the window opens.

I hate Xhaka with every fibre of my being but I do wonder if he would suit this new formation more, the problem is whoever we play at CM needs Partey beside him if we were going for a two man mid.

I do hope the rumours of Zakari are true not because I know a lot about the player outside internationals but it means we’re chasing a mid and a CF. If we got both in January the second half of the season could be very exciting.

Zakaria partners Xhaka for Switzerland for what it’s worth.

It’s not the first time we’ve been linked with him iirc. It’s a little terrifying to think of us putting our eggs in the Xhaka basket again.

Not sure what his contract situation is but maybe a loan (yeah, I know, another loan) but if the team aren’t sold on him and think the market for midfielders will be better in July, why take the plunge?*

*Unless Elneny finally moves to Besiktas/Gala and/or AMN moves to Everton.

1 Like

Yeh Switzerland are one of those teams NI constantly play for some reason so I’ve seen him a little but not at all for club which is more important measure. He’s not bad in my book, very different from Xhaka which is good, if we were to pursue him on a loan or a free I’d be happy enough, we desperately need bodies in midfield.

Why would we get Zakaria on loan? He’s a free agent next summer.

I wonder if it would be worth pursuing it in January giving how thread bare we will be in the 2nd half of the season for a little bit

Our midfield pivot options in January during AFCON are:

Sambi-Lokanga
AMN
Xhaka (maybe)

Or if we get experimental:

Ødegaard
Smith-Rowe
Saka
White
Chambers

And we have to consider Partey may come back and need a little rest. It’s not like he’ll be going away and playing once a week and coming back fresh.

Our options are bad enough that I think we need to do something about it.

Yeh it wouldn’t be super conventional but if we could get a loan with an option to give Borrusia M a small pocket of cash in summer it would benefit both parties. Though with him being on a free it would have to be a very small amount

Isn’t AFCON 2022 cancelled?

Wait what, seriously?

I believe they’re trying to get it cancelled/delayed, again.

2 Likes

Jesus let’s pray

1 Like

Come across to my team. You know you want to.

I would if it were anyone other than Xhaka, I just can’t bring myself to give him anymore chances. He’s one of the few Arsenal players I genuinely hate as a person

Btw, isn’t Xhaka ahead of Zakaria in the pecking order for Switzerland?

I’d be willing to pay a very large amount to keep Xhaka away from the side. Arteta is bound to go back to him and it’s going to really suck.

One thing people can’t fault Xhaka for us his recovery / preparation when it comes to being a professional athlete.

1 Like

Doesn’t lokonga play for Belgium

Does Belgium compete in AFCON?

3 Likes

We’re you talking about partey

1 Like