Granit Xhaka

Mute button…I must be up to about a thousand now :grin:

6 Likes

^ nailed it

I know I’ll have to look at his stupid smug face in the XI this weekend. A guy who was playing like shit before he got banned gets to walk back into a super important game this weekend.

2 Likes

Anything on Twitter that starts with “a massive thread” you know there’s a chance it’s a massive pile of shite using a bunch of crap sources to try and legitimise a terrible take that appeals to only the most hipster of fans.

Back in the day people would need a blog to make posts like this and most Twitter kids were too dumb to figure out how to start a blog, that brought balance.

11 Likes

Xhaka is great at the slightly forward pass to a fullback that has run (or is standing like a lemon) beyond the halfway line. He also helps with that horrible horse shoe passing pattern. Would love to understand what defines a “progressive pass” in the first place.

I’ve seen him do so some really useful, incisive forward passes but they happen probably once or twice a game at most. Not every 11 minutes which those bullshit stats seem to indicate.

In any event, he slows our play down, often ignores obvious runs made by team mates and is a magnet for pressure / dispossessions. And there is of course his propensity for making a HUGE BASTARD MISTAKE AT ANY FUCKING MOMENT.

He needs prime Gilberto as a partner to mop up after him. Without that sort of player providing a defensive shield / net, then his huge limitations are laid bare.

4 Likes

1 Like

Flying out of London I hope.

3 Likes

Flying studs up into tackles more likely

6 Likes

I bet Granit Xhaka has a full tank of petrol, too.

I really hate this bastard

5 Likes

Just a shame this cunt never seems to drive anywhere near Marcos Alonso

You just know he’ll be straight back in the lineup against Spurs

:ooo:

Fully embraced for the inevitable slide Xhackle into some Spurs cunt on Sunday.

2 Likes

If Arteta is stupid and arrogant enough to pick Xhaka, who then gets sent off after an idiotic tackle to give them a match winning penalty, it would prove that neither of them should be at the club.

But if he was sacked after the game and was followed out of the door by Xhaka and Edu, it would be the only loss to spurs where something good would come out of it.

But it won’t happen because Arteta is too much of a coward to pick him for such an important match.

1 Like

I don’t care how twisted people’s agendas are on here that shit ain’t right, there’s absolutely no such thing as losing at home to Spurs for the greater good.

Some people on here have completely lost sense of purpose when it comes to Arsenal at the moment.

5 Likes

Xhaka and Arteta will lose us more points than spurs this season.
I never want spurs to beat us, including this game but, if they do and it’s down to our manager and captain’s stupidity, who are then sacked, at least something good will have come out of it.

1 Like

Firstly, lol. Secondly, he’s not our captain.

People keep thinking Xhaka is our captain. Tired of correcting them now :sweat_smile:

I think Arteta would want him to be captain tbh but he knows the fans have seen through Xhaka’s fake macho bullshit. Plus, how bad would it look to have a guy in the exit lounge all summer and then make him club captain?

The problem is Auba isn’t a captain, so he can easily relay the tactics through Xhaka regardless.

You’re listing a load of reasons he isn’t captain and a thought experiment on what Arteta might want. We should just stick to facts here I reckon.

Fuck facts. I despise that player enough to buy into all the conspiracy theories out there.

And iirc Xhaka has already worn the armband this year.

3 Likes