Granit Xhaka

It stops the baby biting the fuck of the mothers nipple but allows the throughput of milk. Now I come to think of it I wonder if they’re a choking hazard for the baby.

1 Like

I was expecting him to be worse tbf. I think Ceballos was more to blame for the first goal.
Xhaka made some mistakes but he managed to recover. I think he ultimately had a solid game. Hopefully this is the last of him at LB.

He was probably our best defender last night. I use the word “best” loosely, but he wasn’t as bad as our CB pairing of Beavis and Butt-Head! Think he made a few important tackles as well.

That said, he obviously shouldn’t be playing there. Need him in midfield next week.

10 Likes

Couldn’t agree more Jade.

1 Like

Arteta is honestly so stupid that he got one or two good games out of Xhaka at left back that he decided to persist with it. And now obviously it’s proven to be poor decision making for more than a couple games.

It’s farcical that we’ve gone into this season after letting Kolasinsac and AMN go without even attempting to loan a reasonably competent left back for cover.

2 Likes

I don’t think Holding was that bad to be fair to him, from memory the main issues weren’t caused by him and he made a couple of crucial interceptions.

I’d probably say Xhaka second best even with the mistake, because for their first goal I think he’s tried not to dive in which stopped a free run at goal or penalty, and he’s not a defender at the end of the day.

That’s why I’m furious with the manager. He is not capable to see simple things.

First one: Tierney was injury prone even before the departure of Kolasinac. Why has been sold without signing a replacement?

Second: what is good for Slavia is not good fir Villarreal. In that game we had the ball possession, yesterday not.

1 Like

Who cares tbh, we just Tierney back. Cedric isn’t changing shit. Only other option is back 3 and Saka LWB.

1 Like

Our best centre-mid is playing at left-back smh…

Cedric is at least a fullback. Playing Xhaka instead is a tactical decision and not just having a better player on the pitch.

He barely went past the half way line which isn’t what left backs do in 2021. That limits what your attack can do but Arteta will have known that.

6 Likes

Hes so smart and knows football so well I’m sure he knew that. No shots on goal for 90 minutes + in a match we need an away goal but see that’s the genius of Arteta playing 4D chess when the rest of us are playing checkers.

I’m not going to criticise him too much on this. There aren’t many FB options we have rn (Kola was also a disaster many times) and it doesn’t look like the academy have any possible solutions in the way that we do for CF.

Sure, he could use our throwaway league games to try one of the academy LBs but that’s reaching a lot.

1 Like

We were told to stop using them once the baby has teeth to prevent any choking hazards.

1 Like

I think if you have the right technique you avoid nipple damage anyway. The trick is to push in the full areola or more into the babies mouth and then the fucker can’t bite the nipple. If you’re trying to get it to suck on the nipple you’re doing it wrong.

I actually had a go sucking on my exes breasts when she was lactating. If you squeeze the breast it expresses a load of milk out of it.

I’ll have to take your word for it as far as the technique. I just know that they were absolute gold for us.

1 Like

The weaknesses we have happen without Xhaka on left back too. Tierney for example played against West Ham. Xhaka is a dumb cunt who needs to be sold this summer, seeing him in an Arsenal shirt makes me physically uncomfortable, but the main issue is Arteta.

4 Likes

Peak OA here with the Xhaka thread descending into a conversation on breastfeeding :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

OA, come for the football, stay for the breastfeeding

It’s almost as good as:

Olive Garden, when you’re here, you’re family.

Edit: For the non-North American OAers, Olive Garden is a mid-tier Italian chain restaurant famous for its unlimited breadsticks and salad menu option and it’s super corny commercial tag line (see above). They did also offer an unlimited pasta pass card which Meredith would have murdered someone to get. Sadly it’s been discontinued. The food is fine and if you’re a family of four with everyone ordering entrees you could probably escape with a bill under $100 which isn’t bad for a sit down restaurant.

2 Likes

I’d prefer Bucca Di Beppo.
Similar price but at least the pizza and spaghetti are more Italian style.
Olive Garden is too Americanized.

2 Likes

Don’t tell large swaths of suburban America. They think it’s legit.

1 Like