Granit Xhaka

Its just some extra content due to no fans.

Calm the beans lol

Was going to post the video, if anyone can be bothered to watch it Xhaka does actually display good leadership skills on the pitch, granted heā€™s just reinforcing smooth brains instructions, but heā€™s doing a good job of keeping everyone in check and in their positions. Itā€™s clear the players listen to him and he isnā€™t afraid to be vocal. Which is probably why the last three managers keep playing him. Itā€™s a shame that he lacks the pace and technical skills.

Also this is probably why our players look so confused all the time, imagine having Arteta barking orders at you for most of the game and then Xhaka doing it for a full 90 minutes!

3 Likes

This post is triggering for me and Iā€™d like it removed. Thx.

2 Likes

1 Like

Xhaka has an unreal engine btw. Great stamina and durability.

Heā€™s been very good in his 2 games at LB/LCB. Very reliable in possession and has allowed the attack to flow upfield rather than have Cedric awkwardly cut in off the left.

2 Likes

The real question is what happens when he comes up against Rashford, James, CHO and Ziyech.

Yeah then we are toast. I do wonder how much worse it would be than Cedric anyway though. Not like heā€™s gonna stop quality wingers 1v1 anyways

2 Likes

I would trust him at RB but I wouldnā€™t at LB.
AMN would have been ideal for these matches.

1 Like

A better LB than he is a midfielder.

At least his bad points are masked better, and his good points not as affected when he is LB.

Xhashley Cole reborn

10 Likes

Yep. Him not playing in midfield is huge for us, heā€™s just not the guy there but he seems to be doing a decent job filling in at LB.

Quite happy with Dani - Partey pivot until we can find a replacement for Ceballos in the summer.

3 Likes

Against Certain opposition this is working, Iā€™d probably run with it over using Cedric at LB for the remainder of the season.

Playing him at LB is a good way to do that thing Arteta loves to do of dropping him back to the left of the CBs without him actually playing in midfield and itā€™s decent for buildup. We canā€™t do this against proper wingers but Xhaka has done a good job in these two matches there.

3 Likes

We got this

4 Likes

Sorry, this wonā€™t do.
Congrats to Edu and Mikel for moving out AMN and Kola(on loan nevertheless) and didnā€™t bring anyone in as cover for Tierney.

I barely watched the game. What was the issue with Granit today?

Wasnā€™t a problem. People need to moan about something

1 Like

He doesnā€™t offer an attacking threat whatsoever there. Martinelli in front of him couldnā€™t do much on his own.
Fulham was mainly creating stuff from our left side too.
Everton will be having fun on Friday.

Itā€™s like playing with 10 men with this cunt, 9 when you throw Elneny into the mix.