Granit Xhaka

I was hearing the same thing about Tonali. Still trying to find his feet at Milan.

1 Like

Italian players simply don’t move to the PL tho, Juventus was already trying to get him last summer from what I recall.

1 Like

It’s all about the lifestyle I guess. If you get offered top money at a top club in Italy then you might as well stay there.

1 Like

So apparently in doubt for the Liverpool game, if he misses will we get Partey and Ceballos or Partey and Elneny ?

Partey and Ceballos dream team with Ødegaard up top

3 Likes

Klopp in dream land Dani plays. Just press and run him everytime. Inevitable stumble mid spin ball robbery leading to chances.
Hasn’t got the intelligence to understand the role required with Partey.

If we get a Partey/Dani pivot I think we’ve got a good chance to win. If you all remember last time we played them at Anfield we were getting thoroughly dominated until Dani came on and we started taking the game to them. Dani is probably our most press resistant player in midfield along with Partey. Hope Xhaka is out if so we have a chance to win this. If Xhaka plays we won’t get a result, maybe a draw.

3 Likes

Partey/Elneny pair was boss at OT.
They complement each other very well.

Not surprising that all those passes into the LB create fuck all. We can see that with our eyes.

1 Like

But what about progressive passes?

Hang on, those are good numbers from Kieran no?

Nah he’s not worth it yet, juventus looking at him but he still needs a couple years to develop I think.

1 Like

Arsenal Twitter are starting to wake up, I mean we have been saying this for years now but better late than never I guess.

6 Likes

Has anyone said differently though? I know for me when I defend Xhaka or say we miss him, it’s not because I think he is a worldbeater or anything, it’s because out of the current players we have I feel he more often than not fits into our best XI. I don’t think you’ll find anyone who isn’t aware that we can and should upgrade pretty much all of our players.

3 Likes

Yep. It’s the same with Lacazette. You praise a player for playing well and some think you’re endorsing them to get a new 5 year deal and be the future of the club.

4 Likes

Yes. I know its hard to believe, stretching credulity to its absolute limits, but yes, there are people who actually stan Xhaka.

Need Xhaka Alonso back asap.

How selective must your viewing be to come to that conclusion.

3 Likes

That twitter account is either a bot, a troll or a guy so boring he eats mayo sandwiches, wears pleated khakis and thinks Xhaka’s passing game is actually fun to watch.

1 Like

Twitter is filled with Xhaka stans tbf. Even before he actually started improving. :sweat_smile: