Granit Xhaka

We really have to question what Xhaka adds to the 11 that we don’t currently have in Ceballos, Torreira and Guendouzi.

Should not be a starter here. Emery seems to rate him though

3 Likes

He was decent first half but I am under no illusions. He sux

Posting a picture with the captain’s armband on honestly what else was he expecting?

I wouldn’t do it tho. Just unfollow him

was he booed yesterday, or were people asking him to shoot everytime he got the ball?

Certainly shouldn’t be used as the deepest midfielder any more. His plus points are all in passing through the lines, long shots and the odd break up of play.

It helps him that Ceballos looks a good all round midfielder capable of carrying out his defensive duties.

I could see

Pepe-Ceballos-Torreira-Xhaka-Nelson

… being a reasonable 4-1-4-1 counter-attacking midfield for away games.

Could have some decent competition between Nelson, Iwobi, Kolasinac for that wide berth.

But Torreira should be the one to sit deep not Xhaka.

:xhaka2:

Came in hoping for a viable transfer madness.

5 Likes

This fuck you @Bl1nk

4 Likes

Fuck out @Bl1nk

4 Likes

Midtable medocrity beckons. Captain No Nothing FFS

1 Like

Fuck off @Bl1nk you donut!!!

1 Like

Is there going to be an official announcement, or is Xhaka just going to be our captain every match until we take the hint?

Lol this is literally what I think’s gonna happen

1 Like

Fucking hell @Bl1nk

I did hear on arsecast Emery is gonna have like 5 captains ranked in order.

I cant even think of 5 captains lol

Xhaka will start most (big) games, so it makes sense. He’s a mature lad, just not very consistent.

1 Like

I’d guess at the other 4 as being Bellerin (he better be on the list anyway), Holding (said he wants an English one, who else would it be?), Sokratis and Özil maybe?

Auba should be the Captain. Whatever happened to the good old days of just having your best player being the captain?

2 Likes

My captains rank:

1. Luiz

That’s it.

1 Like