Granit Xhaka

Maybe because he is average.

Still produced the odd misplaced pass in dangerous areas. He doesnā€™t seem to be able to keep himself from doing it. I think the difference between his and Mustafiā€™s mistakes is that Mustafi is usually the last line of defence before the keeper whereas Xhaka could rely on PapaLolo to cover for him.
Amyway, despite not liking him I do believe he is the most improved along with Iwobi this season.

1 Like

Iā€™d agree with this. I am still firmly in camp that he is not nearly intelligent enough to be a top player for us . Ever. I hope I am wrong.

1 Like

Yeah, his lack of mobility isnā€™t helping either. I know he has a good engine in him though. Wouldnā€™t be shocked to see him succeed elsewhere, outside of the PL.

Xhaka is a perfect player if u want be fighting by the skin if ur teeth for that 4th spot in the PL, and be a later rounds Europa League team. However if u ever wanna be a top PL team again, consistently, and not be fodder in the CL, then we need a massive upgrade in midfield.

4 Likes

He shouldnā€™t be starting ideally. If we want to be elite, he should be a bench option

3 Likes

I think we can all agree we need a new XI. The thing is there are really pressing needs next summer. If you work with a budget of ~70/80 million and the wage bill is high you can only go about it with replacing two or three players at a time.

2 Likes

Facts. Many other players in this category

Our midfield is nowhere near top level.

1 Like

Heā€™s such an enigma but for every goal like that he scored there is five or six performances where he channels his inner Mustafi.

Itā€™s a difficult one for Emery in summer whether to stick or twist. Even if we were to sell him for thirty million would we put it towards a flawless CM like Veratti. Or do we stick and bring in someone like Rabiot.

1 Like

I just donā€™t trust him in possession whatsoever and he makes me incredibly nervous every time he gets near the ball. Not Mustafi nervous, but noticeable puckering nevertheless.

Maybe I need to rewatch the game to appreciate this ā€˜good performanceā€™ but I distinctly remember shouting at the TV a fair few times as he dawdled his way into giving the ball away in dangerous positions.

How he got away with looking after his house keys Iā€™ll never know. Though we donā€™t know how many times he gave those away and got burgled in fairness.

1 Like

I think we can smartly replace him. He has a considerable market value, he is one of our captains too, as with Mkhi, we should look to cash out while the iron is hot. Xhaka could go for upwards 40 million pounds. Reinvest on a player more compatible to the league. Rabiot is a good example, he is what Xhaka should strive to play like.

1 Like

I think heā€™s had a decent season and for that reason I think itā€™s reasonable to believe we wouldnā€™t make a loss when trying to sell him.

That said, I donā€™t think there is any desire to sell him.

1 Like

This is nice :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

What a twat, kid will be bullied now because heā€™s got Granitā€™s 34 on his back.

4 Likes

Xhaka the Giroud of midfield.

Hot?

Hot shit

Yup a big handsome white dood masquerading as a professional football player.

1 Like

Lol no one cares mate

3 Likes

Enjoy Everton!