Granit Xhaka

:joy::joy: good one mate.

Heā€™s worse than a passenger.
Heā€™s like a train passenger that bunks his fare and then smashes up the carriage for good measure.
A liability is the best description of him, and to think he was one of Wengerā€™s most expensive signings.

1 Like

That was a stat DNA signing forced on Wenger.

Why did Wenger keep starting him in more games than almost any other player then?

Well under Wengerā€™s tutelage he looked a hell of a lot better and was fooling ppl for quite a while, without Wenger, exposed affff :grin::grin:. Wenger did what he could with him, and as a 35m signing youā€™ve gotta give him a chance, Wenger let him hang himself.

1 Like

What are you talking about heā€™s been shit since we signed him.

1 Like

:arteta: ffs

Have some shame

1 Like

Yeah he was but like I said Wenger had to prove a point.

omg you cannot even keep up with your own BS

1 Like

Facts are facts. Guy was a Stat DNA signing, Wenger tried to use him, shielded his deficiencies. He was bad under Wenger but like ā€˜oh he could maybe be good in Serie Aā€™ bad. Now heā€™s ā€˜Is this guy a professional football player?ā€™ bad. Facts are with this guy in midfield not having his hand held by Torreira we had 9 clean sheets last season. This year even with Torreira we have 3. Says everything you need to know right there.

Says literally nothing.

3 Likes

Xhaka looks better now than previously tbf. Mostly due to Torreira, and not being in the same midfield as Ozil, Rambo and Jackie Boy.
I think itā€™s good that there are people who think he is good(some even think he is an elite regista). Hopefully someone crazy comes banging with big bucks in the summer and we do them like Alexis. Hopefully without the Mkhi bit.

1 Like

This guy gets a good few mentions every time we donā€™t get a result. Admittedly he is suspect for thr frequent error in his locker but Iā€™d like someone to build a sensible case to how they think the result would have been different last night with him not on the pitch.

Couple points alone to remember:

1. We played the final 25 mins with our 2 starting CBā€™s out injured
  2. We were not clinical up front when it mattered

Iā€™m not his biggest fan either but it irritates the life out of me when we have an overall team failure and we pour in the ā€˜Xhaka is shitā€™ remarks

3 Likes

I tend to the agree that Xhaka gets way too much criticism sometimes, but I do think he was quite poor yesterday in a few key moments.

1 Like

Yeah tbh he may have been, but I recall on the final goal for example - Pogba striding through our half with the ball and all six of players retreating from him as if heā€™s got a ticking timebomb in his hands thatā€™s about to pop any second. Yet Iā€™m sure (may be wrong here) it was all Xhaka the bulk of the criticism went to.

Iā€™d accept it with the game recently against West Ham Iā€™m struggling to for yesterday.

To be fair I havenā€™t watched any of the goals again since the match because Iā€™m too pissed off to actually relive them. My recollection is that he should have done better for the last goal but again, I havenā€™t seen it back.

His positioning for the first was shockingly poor though, our line was pushed up and he was standing way to deep just daydreaming and he played Sanchez onside when he should have been miles off.

He gave away the ball several times and never looks comfortable on the ball when under a bit of pressure.
For a professional footballer, playing in midfield for a top European club, I would have thought that not giving the ball away so frequently would be a minimum requirement.

I think his major flaw, aside from the defensive stupidity, is his inability to turn quickly when receiving the ball. This is obviously massively important in beating the press.

When Xhaka recieves the ball and has a couple of seconds to turn, look up and find a pass, heā€™s a very useful player and he keeps us ticking nicely. Yet when he has just a split second and canā€™t take the ball on the turn fast enough, he can be pressed into silly mistakes because his lack of mobility makes him panic. He simply isnā€™t a press resistant player at all.

3 Likes

Iā€™d be surprised if Emery doesnā€™t tell him to find a new club this summer. I still think he wonā€™t be in the first group of players Emery will get rid off this summer coming up, I think Mustafi, Kos, Chambers, Licensteiner, Welbeck, Elneny along with Ramsey and Cech. I wouldnā€™t be shocked if Emery held onto him for another season as back up.

Itā€™s amazing he cost 30 something million, the guy at best is a 15 million pound player. I donā€™t think the fast pace of the PL suits him, and heā€™s not a top team player. He do a good job for a team not expected to get top 4 every season, and where he isnā€™t expected to be on top form every week. AS i said before a mid table team in Italy or Germany is where he fits perfectly.

I wouldnā€™t. Heā€™s the first name on Emeryā€™s lineup every week