Giovanni Van Bronckhorst

Didn’t have the longest of stays at the club. What are your memories of his time here? :grin:

4 Likes

My best memory of Gio was his goal against Uruguay.

A surface-to-air missile :rocket:

And in better quality:

10 Likes

One of my favourite Oranje moments.

4 Likes

That goal is legendary

2 Likes

Getting cruelly sent off v Liverpool at Anfield for a dive.

He slipped. Stood up. Didn’t even look at the ref. Paul Gherkin showed him red.

Glad we turned em over, though

2 Likes

That’s a great goal.
It reminds me of this from Seedorf.

5 Likes

Holy moly what a beauty too. Gio took some inspiration from Clarence.

1 Like

Always thought he was a quality player but didn’t have a chance against Cole on the left, or against others in the CM positions…

And always thought we made such a gift to Barca, selling him (initially a loan) for a small fee because he couldn’t play here, and from the start he became standard for Barca. And also in 2005/06 Cole barely played because of the injury while he was dominating with Barca. We could have really used him those years but what can you do. Still very happy for him and for what he achieved after he left.

3 Likes

He was very modest after he left, wasn’t he?

As weird as it sounds, it seems like he had a pang of sympathy for Arsenal in spite of being on the winning side with Barcelona in 2006.

3 Likes

Yes he was. Always diplomatic and said he would have loved to stay at Arsenal.

4 Likes

Part of a double winning squad that’s my memory.

2 Likes

Good rangers boy

Elec, have you got links of his goals for Rangers? He scored some blinders there!

(Yes, accepted. Blatant racism on my part asking the Scotsman for Rangers goals)

3 Likes

How has this thread not been locked yet by mods who get big massive throbbing veiny boners from their little bit of power they have on Online Arsenal lmaoooooo derrpppp. God forbid someone try and make this forum lively by getting conversation going :joy::joy::joy: :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant::eggplant:

4 Likes

Reminds me of SuperBad lol

1 Like

Oranjeboom!

1 Like

I remember it being something to do with us poaching Cesc and it being done to stop Barca kicking up a fuss about our underhand tactics. No idea if that’s actually true, but I deffo remember hearing it years back.

I think he’s missing the word “triumphant” if that is indeed the quote being referenced :grin:

Cmon lock the thread homie show us how much of a stronk alpha male silver back gorilla u are :muscle: :eggplant::eggplant::eggplant:

2 Likes