General News

Good call

Iā€™m not surprised to be fair. That guy is as dodgy as a pair of Bangkok Ray-Bans.

He was definitely first name to spring to mind. He was revered in the ā€œnoughtiesā€ and seems like a bit of a creep.

Thatā€™s the first name I thought of.

He is the epitome of a sleaze ball.

I wanted it to be Alan Sugar more than anything else when I posted tbh haha

1 Like

And now an anti-Semite kills people outside a synagogue.

Media are complicit in this, cotton wooling white nationalist terrorism.

Thatā€™s now 3 attacks in the past week.

If those 3 were from a Muslim then a state of emergency would be initiated as the very fabric of our being would be under attack according to the media.

CALL IT AS IT IS. IN ALL INSTANCES.

Attach the correct level of seriousness ffs

5 Likes

What does he mean by cleansing and who are the red people he will force to leave Brazil?

Iā€™m not too sure myself but I think he is referring to his political opponents. He also talks about putting into jail his opponent (remind us of any one?).

I also saw a thread on Twitter from someone in Brazil who believes there is a genuine threat that is could all descend into a military dictatorship. Canā€™t believe itā€™s not getting more coverage in the media tbh

I find South American geopolitics very odd and difficult to interpret.

Brazilā€™s judges sound like the biggest cunts ever.

Utter wankers preventing Lula from running. He would have won this election in a landslide.

Itā€™s basically a dictatorship already. The most dangerous development of the 21st century this, much worse than Trump because he has some checks and balances

I donā€™t think he would, at least not a landslide. The politics in Brazil has swung against the Workerā€™s Party in recent times, and I donā€™t think Haddad will fare any better.

It has but Lula has a lot of personal popularity.

The polls had him ahead of Bolsonaro before he was disqualified from running.

Renee and the rest of the centre right political class have a lot to answer for. Scumbags

Also thereā€™s not much in the media about it because itā€™s another fascist/dictator that America would support so they wonā€™t want much exposure.

(See Saudi, until this whole journalist mess began)

1 Like

The red people refers to leftists, figures from the workers party who are his main opponents. Thereā€™s been a massive corruption scandal and it sounds like key figures in the left wing government (Lula, the ex President who is in jail) are legitimately guilty, and this has fuelled his support, amongst other issues.

Itā€™s, shall we say, inconvenient that he seems to be able to legitimately point to this corruption because its attracting huge numbers to him and he seems extremely authoritarian, like someone who will attack the hard won features of democracy (the judiciary, journalists, political opponents). Brazil was ruled by a right wing, military dictatorship until the eighties (I think it was the eighties) and due to his rhetoric there are serious fears that they might return to something resembling that once more. Iā€™ve heard that his running mate was a senior figure in the military and that he has been accused of committing torture and murder in this period.

Iā€™m far from an expert in Brazilian/Latin American politics but the above is my understanding from what little reading and listening Iā€™ve done recently, so apologies to anyone who can pinpoint any inaccuracies in my rudimentary analysis.

I think John Oliver covered him recently.

Yup found it

Tragic news of a plane with 188 on board has crashed into the Java sea.

We already have Putin, Orban and Erdogan. This is nothing new.

Heā€™s worse than all of them

1 Like

Putin is literally poisoning people in the UK capital. Not even his own country. Iā€™m not sure how you can become worse. Killing people is still killing people.

1 Like