General News

Yeah, I agree. Whatever the reason for him being there he should rot in jail forever. Just don’t wanna go “BAM this is what happened and this why” if it wasn’t. I’m not CNN. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

The EFL have deducted 9 points

3 Likes

Horrific

Truly awful. This situation has been allowed to deteriorate by both governments and this is the result. These traffickers have to be dealt with.

5 Likes

We should start by enforcing our boarder laws rather than giving the illegal migrants a pass each an every time they arrive.

1 Like

Either way, if the solution we use results in people dying in the sea, it’s a shit one.

6 Likes

Whatever border policy you think there should be, people drowning in the channel and traffickers continuing to profit from it is absolutely not the answer.

9 Likes

It’s a tricky one, the political will to ensure migrants don’t drown in the Channel doesn’t exist and hasn’t really been evidenced anywhere in Europe recently

I do find it odd France has thousands of undocumented migrants in their country and there doesnt seem to be any credible attempt to crackdown on the criminal gangs exploiting them.

That’s not to say the UK doesn’t have any legal or ethical responsibility to these people.

The fact the nothing is being enforced contributes to the situation. Being emotional doesn’t solve the problem; the fact is if we were arresting people and sending them back immediately would disincentives people from trying.

Setting up illegals in 4 star hotels with phones and pocket money makes the problem worse. Not making sure France are doing what we paid them to do makes it worse. The tragedy just highlights the fact to the reward is worth the risk.

1 Like

4 Likes

Lots of British people clearly don’t understand asylum and border laws, hate illegal migrants on boats but don’t really know what legal migrants are and seem to think this is some kind of British problem despite us having among the lowest refugee numbers in Europe.

6 Likes

That’s your assumption not fact. Only middle class lefty people seems to think that boarder laws don’t matter.

1 Like

That’s your assumption not fact.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s hate. It’s a good example of NIMBY. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Straw man.

Yeah open boarders is a very centre right and right leaning idea…

1 Like

Who is asking for it?

I’m not sure, over the past few years I’ve come across a lot more “let them drown” sentiment than I’d like to have, but maybe I just know more terrible people than average.

Most illegal migrants are people who come here and just don’t leave when they should, so your issue isn’t necessarily just physical border enforcement but many definitely get more agitated by the idea of a boatload of invaders turning up on our shores, even if that’s technically the correct way to do it for lots of them.

2 Likes

Should be bro, if you are economically right then one of the tenants of free trade is unrestricted freedom of movement. Border controls would be preventing the flow of the workforce and a job for a bigger government.

Funny thing is most people think that in a lot of these third world countries there are these easy accessible offices where you just go and apply for asylum or to immigrate. If these people could come here easily they would, the fact that they risk everything to come down these routes should be enough evidence that they don’t have any other choice otherwise who would do it if they didn’t have to?

4 Likes

Literally nobody here has argued that.

1 Like