General News

It’s more to do with her saying “another sign that toxic masculinity kills,” which would fit her anti male agenda.
What other examples of toxic masculinity that men do that are such a threat to her?

It’s sweeping generalisations like this that put people off feminism.

2 Likes

Without violating any ethics codes can you give us some terrible examples you fixed? :slight_smile:

I can’t remember to be honest. Was a long time ago. Now I mainly do home and lifestyle magazines :sweat_smile: The writer would usually just put something basic though, literally summing up the story. Whereas editors absolutely love a pun. I’ve seen them high five each other when they think they’ve come up with a cracking headline, lol.

2 Likes

I can dig that.

I’m now thinking that someone actually may get paid to solely write those so-bad-but-you-kinda-like-them punny headlines on the sports back pages of tabloids. :joy:

I presume no one bothered to look at at the articles of the screenshots @BizzySignal posted (Love you bro, but where’s the links?).

Because if everyone did, she isn’t even shitting on men. Most of it is dedicated to how masculinity and the need to be ‘tough’ is getting in the way of men’s health. Which is absolutely correct. In fact she doesn’t even shit on men in the article at all. It even brings up how men are more likely to commit suicide than women. If anything it’s very pro-men’s mental health

Think some people here put the cart before the horse. Reading people. It helps.

Knock yourselves out guys.

4 Likes

So on the topics of puns and headlines this question is mainly aimed @Phoebica but I’ll put a poll so everyone else can answer as well.

Was Jez’s idea to sell the headline “Three-o Walcott” when Theo turned 30 a couple of years back a good plan?
  • “We’ve agreed no to argue if that’s a good plan”
  • “It’s a good plan”

0 voters

If the poll is mashed up can someone fix it for me please @shamrockgooner

4 Likes

I’ve got a pun… just thought it of right now.

If Saka ever gets a rep for diving, The Sun WILL, absolutely WILL use the headline

“He’s gone down like a Saka potatoes”.

6 Likes

It would have been a good plan if Theo ever did anything headline worthy :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This was basically my dream job when I was 17.

2 Likes

I don’t know if they still do, or whether they’re just sub editors now, but The Sun used to have people whose title was “headline writer”.

3 Likes

If Walcott wrote a book about words and synonyms, he should call it: Theosaurus.

4 Likes

But why would we wanna do that when we could instead complain about a stupid bitch being mean about men and displaying appalling hypocrisy? SJWs and feminists are always complaining and now it’s my turn.

2 Likes

Oh so the mask wearing thing is off American studies. That’s pointless way of drawing conclusions in the UK as the whole pandemic has been treated differently.
Maybe go the whole hogg and throw Brazil in as well for good measure. The link is tenuous and poor too try and highlight other male issues that nobody disputes as a problem.

1 Like

She didn’t do that though, she made general comments that weren’t specific to the UK.

The conclusion being though stated or otherwise of collective male problems garnished with the American mask thing.
Don’t see anything particularly inventive or substantial in the whole article.

1 Like

Common ground :+1:

To be fair @Stroller my main purpose wasn’t to say the article was good, but that the contents don’t match the claims being made in this thread. That there was very little verification is rather disturbing. There was no hypocrisy so to speak.

This is just bizarre behaviour.

2 Likes

Well if he knows some chump is gonna change it anyway, why would he bother?

Sorry guys but the headline labels one group of people one way and another differently for the SAME supposed behaviour. That’s what hypocrisy and double standards are no?

It doesn’t matter if one is about masks and the other about vaccines or the article itself, the headline is referring to men in a derogatory way. Like stroller says where is the evidence that men don’t wear masks? Any working male, anyone buying anything anyone basically doing anything during this lockdown (with the exception of those with extenuating circumstances) would be wearing a mask. So there is do data to back up what she’s saying. Men and women have been getting vaccinated equally, the sexes have been voicing their opinion and concerns on this whole Corona thing in equal numbers from the start. So why the BS headlines and attempt at making this some type of issue with men? Sorry Scrjj there is no data to back up any of what she’s saying bro.

If anyone wants they can read her other articles, she’s one of those who thinks “all men are basically rapists” types.

This is just going to keep going round in circles, plus I’m fasting so I got a bumping headache, still got 2 hour something left. Love you guys but for me the headlines are hypocritical.

4 Likes