General News

Awful

1 Like

I think they have gone above and beyond in this very case. You can have a pyscho in any profession. At least they’ve come down like a ton of bricks on this one.

3 Likes

Sunday morning brain spent far too long trying to make sense of " the the apology remark"

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:

The audacity

The format

2 Likes

Yeah, I am familiar mate lol, just first thing on a Sunday 5 mins after waking up. Discourse doesn’t like that format at all lol

Don’t know if this is good news or bad but it’s Saturday.

8 Likes

:facepalm:

I had yesterday off work so it felt like a Saturday :grin:

6 Likes

I was to young to remember this. Anyone remember it on here?

Only remember learning about it in school :disappointed:

1 Like

Horrific.

Trying not to remember it to be honest

4 Likes

Yeah I remember having an assembly in primary school about it, at the time. Was proper tragic and I remember it lead to the gun ban. Schools were all on high alert after that, and they had like these little drills. Thankfully after the gun ban we haven’t seen or heard of anything like that happening since.

3 Likes

@America

2 Likes

Yeah exactly, it’s crazy that so many people are pro gun in the states. They have these types of tragic events yearly, and not just at schools. The data and statistics are mind boggling.

1 Like

Andy Murray was in that school at the time. Do wonder how that effects those kids at times like this years later.

5 Likes

Apparantly they are nurtured to do so. Some people in the States are taught from a very young age they should distrust their government and be able to protect themselves against the government. Hence their possession of a gun is somehow justified. Fox News and other outlets do a good job of distracting people of the problem of guns possesion when another ot these shootings happens.

It’s very hard for us to understand when you’re not living in that actual bubble I guess.

1 Like

It’s just unnecessary, anyone who has ever handled firearms knows how ridiculous it is for anyone outside of the armed forces to ever have possession of Assault rifles, shotguns and even high power pistols. Because of computer games and films people think that rifles are only dangerous on full auto, when in reality even in war zones most engagements (excluding suppression fire) are using the same semi automatic single or burst fire (2-3 rounds) from the same types of semiautomatic rifles which are available to civilians. Anything which can fire without having to be reloaded is to dangerous for civilian use. Some one with even basic rifle training could cause an insane amount of damage with just a standard rifle and 2 magazines. Why should that ever be legal?

3 Likes

I used to date a girl that was a Forensic Investigator (csi) for the Police. She absolutely hated guns and would flat out refuse to handle or touch them during any jobs that came up after seeing what they do.

Dunblane was horrific, I was 13 at the time and remember it not seeming like it was real. Really sad the huge trauma impact that these events have on communities for generations after.

3 Likes

:grimacing:

1 Like

Not a good look at all.

At the same time when you give police the power to disperse any protest or gathering what do expect…

2 Likes