General News

Am I Iron Man or Captain America? :thinking:

I’m kind of weird, I literally will draw the line on things like that if I think I’m principally opposed to it because I feel like that mark up is unwarranted. Why I also hate the wedding industry and the luxury goods industry.

Anything where a 300%+ mark up is standard is fucking outrageous and is absolutely nothing to do with paying salaries of workers and costs and all to do with the owners reaping the benefits.

One of my favourite brands, Finisterre, was awesome because it was a local Cornish company with production split between Cornwall and Portugal. Bit pricey but worth it for the extra quality and knowing that it was priced according to their supply chain and the people doing the work.

Now they’ve moved production to Taiwan and Vietnam and whacked up the prices even more, which is fucking bullshit, so now I don’t buy their product anymore.

1 Like

Couldn’t agree more. My mum had to raise three boys in the 70’s on a shoestring budget, and we would rarely eat what people would consider junk food. To this day she cooks the most amazing meals, and hardly spends anything to do it.

A large part of that, I believe, is down to her mum growing up in the aftermath of WWII, and having to herself raise a large family with all the rationing.

2 Likes

Eh I just think it’s wrong you can get 3 multi packs of double deckers to 15 doughnuts for a punnet of raspberries or 5 pink lady apples. Or 10 doughnuts for a pack of easy peel oranges. I think making everything healthy cheaper would encourage better cooking and healthier eater , if you wanna tax bad foods.

3 Likes

A lot of this food though is consumed because everyone is never off a phone, tablet,console etc.
Parents and kids all of us we can’t get away from the things.
Age has no barrier I’m from the age of limited technology but even my generation have got sucked in and it distracts/ makes you lazy.
Personally think it’s a game changer that’s lead to a lot of this.
Apps for every eatery in town doesn’t help.

1 Like

worthy winner

So that’s Rafael Benítez’s full name is it?

5 Likes

@Calum we have to be careful mate. :arteta:

5 Likes

I’m Irish. :hipster:

(:joy: )

1 Like

Drug the Scots and they’ll forget about #IndyRef2

1 Like

They seem to do a good job of drugging themselves to be fair

2 Likes

Maybe drugging the Scots actually means making them sober? Like a double negative.

1 Like

I can tell you for a fact that that doesn’t work :poldi:

Ssssssssiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiuuuuuuuuuuu

Oh no Gazza

1 Like

Woah

RIP

The English Sobotkas are in for it now.

Is that some kind of Polish reference? Google wasn’t very helpful :slight_smile:

@DavidHillier help this guy out bro

1 Like

You explain you lazy bastard!

1 Like

Man Elec can be one lazy bastard at times

It’s a Wire reference