Geek talk (Science/Space/Tech etc)

I enjoyed that article but those dudes should get real jobs.

Which dudes?

The ones who spent probably years redefining the kilogram into exactly what it already was. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the full planā€¦

2 Likes

The best enigneering youtube channel out there

1 Like

Why?

I donā€™t get why we havenā€™t been to the moon again, itā€™s been over 50 years so surely our technology and all that kind of stuff must have improved a lot since 1959, we havenā€™t been better equipped since back then?

Generally speaking, thereā€™s not much to do there. Technology is better these days but the cost of launching things to space is still astronomically high. And for investigation and experiments, ISS and satellites on Low Earth Orbit are a better options.

1 Like

May well be a case we get sub orbital flights before that.

Whenever that may happen Iā€™ll be having lunch at home, then flying off to see @Aussiegooner for a few beers and will be back home before dinner time :grimacing:

1 Like
2 Likes

wow, these photos are out of this world!

4 Likes

I know man. I have been trying to find better resolution pics to get more details.
Fascinating stuff

Amazing.

Always makes me wonder what colour these sort of things are.

Hereā€™s the podcast explaining it

Doesnā€™t sound very efficient but never knew photons can be used this way

The replies make me want to kill myself

2 Likes

Nothing irks me more than the myth people perpetuate about Dr Sebi.

First of all that motherfucker was old when he died. He died because he was old and all the natural complications that come with age. So when people say the government killed him itā€™s even more nauseating than listening to the lies about his natural miracle healing methods.

Second, people die following that idiots protocols. Itā€™s dangerous that people still spread misinformation about his cure for AIDS, cancer and other serious illnesses.

1 Like

Who is Dr Sebi?

I wish these morons knew the first thing about cancer.

Of course moronic science reporting doesnā€™t help either.

1 Like

Crucial bit. Everyone thinks cancer is one illness which has one cure.

2 Likes

Sebi is a guy who claims he cured cancer and aids back in the 80s. Not exactly how he claims to have done it tbh, either holistic medicine or all natural means. He basically says his cures were rejected because yeah money in the pockets of big pharma. Nipsy Hustle also did a documentary on Sebi and that only lead to more conspiracy theories of why Nipsy was murdered.

3 Likes