(Spoilers) House of the Dragon/Game of Thrones

When they bring that undead to Cersei, Sir Gregor will try to fuck it.

5 Likes

Bets on Cersei trying to make an alliance with the Night King??

Fan theory potential spoiler:

You mean Bran Stark? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So believe this is true

Itā€™s the only theory that works for him really, isnā€™t it?

It would also be totally cool.

How does that theory go? Havenā€™t really heard it in detail before

Edit: also @Bl1nk when strangepass quoted my reply and answered with spoiler tags, the value in the spoiler tags was shown in the email alert I got thus rendering them useless. Just a small point and no damage done since Iā€™m caught up but just thought Iā€™d point it out!

Sorry @Cristo if I put a link to the theory in spoilers it shows up.

Just type it into google, easy enough to find.

1 Like

Canā€™t visit this thread mate. Iā€™ve yet to start this season!! Answering this quote is me risking so many spoilers haha. Youā€™re on your own here!! :smiley:

1 Like

@Cristo

2 Likes

I thought the dead stood around Jon and Co. Because they thought the ā€˜moatā€™ around them was still a moat, and not frozen (although them waiting for a time again, allowed it to freeze over again) until heavy handed Hound screwed his second throw, hence them cottening on to this. Proceeding to the fight scene?

2 Likes

he got the episode title wrong though

Really? I didnā€™t even notice a moat??? Even if true itā€™s a bit weird, youā€™d think the undead who come from the winter, would recognise ice. Perhaps they thought it would break beneath their feet, but Iā€™d still expect them to be a better judge of their own environment.

Personally I assumed they had been commanded to wait, but of course that canā€™t be true because that skeleton marched forward on his own initiative. Maybe he broke rank lol.

One thing that I would have liked more time for is the interaction between characters who have never met before, that to me is as much a payoff as some of these fantastic action sequences and I hope some time is given over next year to that. For example Iā€™d love to see Arya and Dany in the same scene.

1 Like

[spoiler] Thatā€™s true. The problem i identified though wasnā€™t that they waited in circle for so long but that 7 men held them off for so long once they attacked them. Its pretty unrealistic that virtually at any point in time each of our heroes is fighting only one undead, two tops. I mean there are thousands around, the rest just moo in the background while I watch a 60 second and fight scene between one human and one undead.

Regarding Cerseiā€™s support, I think their plan is to request a truce so that she doesnā€™t occupy Dragonstone or reinforce while they fight the undead. You canā€™t really go on war in midst of winter against such strong enemy and leave Cersei be then come back for her significantly weakened from fighting the undead. Obviously you either have to fight her beforehand which also weakens you or you have her join your cause. [/spoiler]

1 Like

Didnā€™t you see the ice break and plenty of undead go down in the water as they surrounded Snow and Co ? Thatā€™s the reason they stopped. Then obviously a lot of time passed and the ice layer grew tick and strong which they realized once that soldier marched forward.

2 Likes

The only way to justify that stuff is NK doesnā€™t want to kill anyone or at least doesnā€™t want to kill Jon, he was just toying with them to get his dragon. They showed him throwing spears into flying dragons ffs, he could have done the same into Jonā€™s (or anyoneā€™s) face while he was standing still. He and his generals made absolutely no attempt to kill anyone except that one that Jon ambushed. Itā€™s also a bit of a nonsense that they all canā€™t swim since some are basically still humans and the white walkers are clearly as able bodied as any man. So Iā€™m hoping the NK isnā€™t 100% evil, just misunderstood, like Mance Rayder who was supposedly the enemy of civilisation. After all, if you look at what the NK has actually done, is it any worse than what Tywin, Cersei etc. have done for power? Or even Dany? Building an army to take over, massacring opposing armies in the meantime? And theyā€™re doing something with those swirly symbols, maybe something religious? Weā€™ve already seen religious people burn children and make sacrifices, so maybe theyā€™re no more evil than evil humans? I wish theyā€™d revealed more backstory this season :frowning: I donā€™t like the convenient idea that itā€™s just this zombie horde with no purpose other than to kill people.

4 Likes

Every theory I read about the others is that they definitely arenā€™t 100% evil. Itā€™s very well known GRRM hates the traditional Good v Evil narrative.

2 Likes

I donā€™t know if it is different in the books, or Iā€™m biased, but I donā€™t see how evil and the Starks go together.

Everyone was doing it. I just wanted to be popular.

2 Likes

Oh great, @Dr_Strangepass is back and being a cunt again :yum:

Edit: just to be clear, Iā€™m only kidding, Iā€™ve got hundreds of criticisms if this season but am trying to just go with the flow

2 Likes