Gabriel Martinelli (11)

What’s the point? Why increase pressure by creating a hype/some sort of notoriety around a youngster whilst chances of him making it are maybe 10%, if not a lot less? I don’t think it does them any favours.

Does anyone expect him to make it though?

Hardly any pressure when the reality is it’s an exception when a youth player actually makes it here.

Nope, I pretty much expect him to be just another Wellington Silva or Joel Campbell.

I have a solution. Don’t watch it. If people want to watch it and get wound up that’s their issue. Not the clubs/the social media teams.

Or this club just stops doing stupid things. From appointing the current manager to announcing youth players as actual signings.

Has he got a work permit to play for us?

No chance. Brexit mate!

We might get a soft workpermit law similar to FM19 :wink:

1 Like

It’s just a crappy social media vid, everyone and their momma does 'em

Not sure why it’s getting to you this much tbh

3 Likes

I’ve got a different spin on it. Maybe it does the kid a bit of good by giving him some early and simple media exposure. Might mean nothing, or just as the vid itself says - helps him feel welcome and a part of the team! Can’t see why it would hurt so much.

2 Likes

The social media video’s themselves don’t bother me.

Brother, we just lost like 150m worth of assets for free in recent seasons.

Hiring Emery and short player signing vids are the least of our worries :sweat_smile:

1 Like

If you have mediocre people running the club the funds available don’t really matter. 150m extra doesn’t change who Unai Emery is :wink:.

It’s not about the vids, but the particular players in them haha.

Now we’re posting pics of him training! Disgusting!

4 Likes

Let’s just hope he’s more Guendouzi than Mavropanos.

5 Likes

It feels a bit like buying a lucky dip for the 2.30 at Ascot. Usually you get a Sanogoals but sometimes you might by an up and coming Anelka (hopefully without sulks).

2 Likes

Yeh I have no problem with these kinda deals tbh, I love seeing good young talent come through and I’m more than happy with Guendouzi.

We just need to crack on and get some first teamers in, and post pictures of them in training too.

6 Likes

I reckon he will be a 1st teamer.

2 Likes

Supposedly he is close to an Italian passport and that matters?

Anyone know for sure what the situation is here?

well he was called up for the brazil squad there are pictures of him posing with Neymar so if they feel he is good enough i am sure he can get a permit and i dont feel this lot of negotiators are as incompetent as the last lot so i reckon he will be here on a talent visa for sure and he is better than a lot of our first team already i can see him being used a fair bit as a winger.