Gabriel Martinelli (11)

What do you mean? This happened today. Hope he’s ok

“Gabriel Martinelli, fearless”

It’s just a proper Twitter wanker caption lol. Not a dig at you btw haha.

5 Likes

Don’t know not wasting my time watching football at the Olympics. Though i Just had a look on live score they were ten men down for most of the much .Saw this on Twitter though

https://twitter.com/ElWoodinho/status/1419244388643975175

Brazil play Saudi Arabia next with Qualification all but secured at this stage. They will rest players So hopefully gets a start against them as scores a few. Good statpad game that could boast his confidence.

Nelli knows ball. Let’s go!

1 Like

Dude’s just trying to avoid being sent out on loan

16 Likes

Arteta’s not even the best coach in London.

1 Like

Arteta isn’t even the best coach at Arsenal.

1 Like

Was the first man off the bench for Brazil today and then the second penalty taker in the shootout (which he buried nicely into the side netting). Maybe suggests that he is rising in the view of the manager there?

I hope he comes right into the team after this weekend and they aren’t planning to give him some time off. He is obviously match fit.

6 Likes

Not even made the bench for the final :pensive:

Surely there’s more to it? Probably injured?

The only highlight I’ve seen from Martinelli was a penalty in the semi-final shootout. Not great is it?

1 Like

Well it’s a step up but he’s not been in anything like stand out form to be getting in that team.

At least he’s getting football, isn’t he?

Still stand by a loan would suit him this season.

2 Likes
3 Likes

How much did he play? Anyone know?

Same. Just make sure we’ll be able to recall him if we hit an injury crisis and send him on loan to play weekly.
Any of Top 5 leagues should do.

1 Like

He came in and made an impact at 18. I don’t get what we’d learn from a loan that we don’t already know. He should be in or near our first team now and if he’s not good enough as he is a loan to some French or German shitters isn’t going to get him there. PL not an option as he will just be Gnabry’d in favour of players they actually own.

4 Likes

Tbf if he goes out on loan and it’s a complete dead end for him then I’ll gladly join you in your campaign that loans = shit.

Though the only way I’d want him out on loan is if we actually did some ambitious business here before the window shuts in regard to AM’s. And that’s starting to look less likely every day.

Absolutely not. He doesn’t need to be sitting on a bench for a relegation fodder squad because their manager is trying to save his own skin and doesn’t want to use a loaned in player.

The club created a logjam by failing to utilize the loan market properly with Nelson, Eddie, AMN and Willock.

He should be here, that way when Arteta gets sacked in December the new manager can use him.

1 Like

The only reason there is a market for Willock is because of his loan to Toon

2 Likes