Gabriel Martinelli (11)

It’s bullshit but it’s an interesting question.
How much is Martinelli worth?
I think it would have to be something over £100m just to get me to consider listening to the offer.

1 Like

£35m-£50m is how much another team
might be willing to pay for him.

I reckon they go slightly higher but that’s it. Essentially though, we have no reason to sell him so whoever comes in for him will have to go above and beyond.

1 Like

Cut the hand off for it. Useful cash that for the summer window.

He’s not proven enough to generate that type of money. And I don’t think he’s homegrown either

1 Like

Yeah I couldn’t seem much above 20 myself tops. Especially with the covid market.

That sounds about right. He’d likely be going to a mid table club in Spain, Italy or France

1 Like

I don’t think we’d get a huge fee for him, hype has died down after the injury then barely playing in the last 12 months.

1 Like

:joy: you’re wild man

Palace asked £50m for AWB and got it.
They also asked £80m for Zaha from us and they didn’t budge on it.

If you don’t want to sell a player you simply price him out. He’s arguably our 3rd/4th biggest talent at the club. Why would we sell him?

Btw, may I need to remind everyone that he is an U20 Brazilian forward? That alone adds £20-30m to his value. :grin:

100m to even begin considering it is wild, and mad unrealistic, it wouldn’t take a bid that size for us to rightly consider selling.

You might as well just say you wouldn’t ever consider selling him, cos nobody is offering over 100 million for him under any circumstances.

They were PL proven players though

Sure, but my point still stands.
If you don’t want to sell a player you price him out. If anyone’s crazy enough to pay something absurd then you start considering incoming offers.

That’s exactly my point. I see absolutely no reason for us to sell him right now.

Saka, ESR, Martinelli, Tierney and Gabriel are in that group of players that I would ask for crazy money to sell so interested parties stay the fuck away.

1 Like

Fair enough :+1: Personally I think the amount required for me to consider selling Martinelli would be vastly lower than yours. But like you, my preference would be to not sell him. But upwards of 50m and its time to listen and think about it imo, he’s not shown such prodigious levels of talent that we should only consider bids over 100m, he’s not that good

3 Likes

I remember saying that last year about the lad. I was getting Chicharito vibes.
I wasn’t as blown away as others were and thought he was one of those who was gonna jump ship anyway so might as well cash in on him early for £50-60m while he had all that hype surrounding him.

Anyway, he has definitely turned me into a fan recently. The way he just came back from a big injury at his age and pretty much gave us a much needed spark in December was key.

Then, you also have players and other staff praising him. Odegaard was the latest one and I don’t take that lightly as he has played with some really talented players over the years. If he rates him then he knows something.

I’ve always liked him but what do you feel he has done that justifies this?

Guy has barely gotten a game since coming back and has not really given anyone a reason to start liking him all of a sudden compared to a year ago when he was scoring for fun and against big teams in big games etc.?

1 Like

To quote my own my post:

I like to see things beyond the goals and assists during a good phase. He wouldn’t be the first to have a good first run and then dip.
I think he definitely had a lot of luck going for him.
From game time given to him because the senior players were performing poorly, deflected balls that went his way to big mistakes by opposition gifting him chances(Kante goal).

I was very intrigued to see how he would perform after his injury. He came back into the team and gave us a much needed spark at the time which the side was missing. Not even Tierney or Saka were able to do that at the time.

His fitness has been naturally iffy and he had performances after that where it was evident he was still recovering but the talent is still there. His last couple of cameos have been very promising too. I think he is bound to blow up again. Should be next season but with Auba’s current form he may get a chance to do that this season.

I just find it interesting that 347 cameo minutes with no full 90 minute games this season can show you more to convince you about his quality and talent than 14 goals and assists in 26 games in his breakout season with us haha

1 Like

Sure but most of those were in EL group stages or the cup competitions. Scored 3 in the league. Many of his goals had a bit of luck too. Again, having a good breakout season and dropping off later is something we see all the time.

Coming back from a big injury at his age and lifting the team up which was incredibly low on confidence is more impressive imo.

You learn more about individuals when you see them handle setbacks and go through tough periods.